UConn v. Merrimack (Friday 1/29/21 @ Lawler Rink @ 3p & Saturday 1/30/21 @ Freitas @ 3p) > Games are being streamed on CollegeSportsLive.com | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Merrimack (Friday 1/29/21 @ Lawler Rink @ 3p & Saturday 1/30/21 @ Freitas @ 3p) > Games are being streamed on CollegeSportsLive.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Nice job. Merrimack isn’t good but this is what a good team should do when playing a bad one. Vomazcka really does a nice job. He made a nice save just a few series before the last goal.
Agreed, MC is a bad team this year, but you still have to go out next kick some butt.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Another happy recap.
F3C6A289-0AD6-4B00-9F05-8FA0A1BEB8C5.jpeg

Reaction Score
Missed the game because of hockey practice... seemed like a great game!!!! Stinks I had to miss it because that’s a great win! Let’s pick up 3 more points tomorrow!!

Reaction Score
Anyone else upset that the large on-screen scoreboard obscures some of the playing surface? It should be in the top left or right corner.

Reaction Score
The win moved us from 23 to 20 in the Krach (real-time) ratings. Lets see what happens after tonight's game are completed nationwide.

Reaction Score
This may be the most extreme games played discrepency I've seen for a conferece in the Covid era (in any sport).

BU may be really good. Unfortunately BU Covid restrictions are extreme.... including forcing all their athletes to wear facemasks during contests. I get being safe, but I feel for the student athletes.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This may be the most extreme games played discrepency I've seen for a conferece in the Covid era (in any sport).

BU may be really good. Unfortunately BU Covid restrictions are extreme.... including forcing all their athletes to wear facemasks during contests. I get being safe, but I feel for the student athletes.
Let’s also talk about the discrepancy in quality of opponent. I’m pretty sure I heard the announcer say that UConn has had the 7th most difficult schedule in the country thus far. I’m glad for that, don’t get me wrong, because that experience certainly bodes well for the HEA playoffs and hopefully beyond.

Reaction Score
Anyone else upset that the large on-screen scoreboard obscures some of the playing surface? It should be in the top left or right corner.
It’s low budget on line coverage. Lucky they have a scoreboard

Reaction Score
Let’s also talk about the discrepancy in quality of opponent. I’m pretty sure I heard the announcer say that UConn has had the 7th most difficult schedule in the country thus far. I’m glad for that, don’t get me wrong, because that experience certainly bodes well for the HEA playoffs and hopefully beyond.
My concern is they get to the end of the season and decide that because teams played different # Of games they’ll go by some other metric than points, say winning percentage, and we will get bumped from 3-4 to 6-7 Behind some teams that have played 10-12 games. That is another reason that beating Merrimack again is important

Reaction Score
Jáchym Kondelík is currently second on the team in points and has been having a fantastic season. He currently has 12 assists and dishes the puck better than most in the country!! I hope he can get the monkey off his back and pick up his first goal of the year!!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It’s low budget on line coverage. Lucky they have a scoreboard
At least the scoreboard showed the penalty time as that kinda comes in handy. Should be a different look today...hopefully it will also show penalty time.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Jáchym Kondelík is currently second on the team in points and has been having a fantastic season. He currently has 12 assists and dishes the puck better than most in the country!! I hope he can get the monkey off his back and pick up his first goal of the year!!
He’s had some good looks...he’s either missed the net or had a goalie make a great save on him. When he finally breaks thru it should be a flurry.

Reaction Score
We got some big rebounds yesterday but that game never looked close. Our skating and overall skill level made it look like Varsity vs JV. Need a similar performance today and I think our depth will come through again. Just can't get sloppy or take bad penalties early.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Was there a video of the hit?
You can rewatch the whole game here. The hit was at 6:24 of the second period.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
You can rewatch the whole game here. The hit was at 6:24 of the second period.

Here you go...I took a video from my iPad and posted it on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom