UConn v. #10 Providence Friars (Friday 2/2/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/3/24 @7p @Schneider Arena) Both games on ESPN+ | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #10 Providence Friars (Friday 2/2/24 @7p @Toscano Family Ice Forum & Saturday 2/3/24 @7p @Schneider Arena) Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m thrilled we won. I hate criticizing our coaches and our team. Especially the young men who comprise our team. I know they give it their all every game. Sometimes emotions get the better of all of us. Sometimes they deserve some criticism.I’ll always love and respect these kids, no matter what. I’ve been there. I know how hard it is.
Do I support the program and players and want them to be successful? Yes

Do I think they need more skill and talent on the roster? Yes

Do I think a coaching change is needed? Yes

My frustration comes from following this program for numerous seasons and never winning anything. I believe this program has the ability to reach another level and become much more than it has been.

Many people saw the energy in the XL last Saturday and that was for a mediocre team. Imagine the energy on a weekly basis if this program was a perennial top 15 program that regularly got NCAA tournament invites. This program has a chance to make some noise if the right pieces fall into place.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

My frustration comes from following this program for numerous seasons and never winning anything. I believe this program has the ability to reach another level and become much more than it has been.

Many people saw the energy in the XL last Saturday and that was for a mediocre team. Imagine the energy on a weekly basis if this program was a perennial top 15 program that regularly got NCAA tournament invites. This program has a chance to make some noise if the right pieces fall into place.
No one ever said otherwise. Your passion for the program is very obvious to me, that’s for sure. We’re not all going to agree on how to get there, but in the end we all want the same thing. They don’t call us fan(atics) for nothing!

Reaction Score
You can’t get on posters for calling it as the game goes on. There are plenty of weekly ones who are negative, but hell, watch the hoop chat and board. We are number one and you’d think we hadn't won a game sometimes.
My view on this is that most people here are very knowledgeable about the game. Actually many UConn hockey fans I’ve met are. They see details that rah rah fans miss. Plus if you post during a gam, yeah. You are going to say stuff. Go in the hoop chat room sometime. Finally, lots of people don’t understand that hockey isn’t like football or basketball. Good teams don’t Automatically win. Like a pitching performance, a great goal tending performance can be an equalizer. So can luck. A Frozen piece of rubber flying around bouncing off walls on a slippery surface can do some odd things.

And getting another 5 minute major is a sign of an undisciplined team. This is like the 6th or so we have gotten. Those are absolute killers. Calling guys out for that stupid penalty is hardly horrible.

Reaction Score

There were 9000 there for Maine, 6500 for CTICE final. Both crowds were pumped. If anyone was in Boston a couple of years ago for Hockey East, the UConn crowd was as good as any. The potential is there for this to be a big deal. In fact it looked to be on the right road a few years ago. But it has just fallen way back. So it is frustrating to see a team that doesn’t just lose at home. They get crushed. By good teams, and bad alike. It is frustrating.

Reaction Score
Nice win no doubt about it. It was.

Now back to the Games Played issue lol…I’m really not trying to be negative but there are 4 teams in HE that have 3 games played in hand on UConn and there’s a month left. 9 more points potentially, opposed to being up a point or so currently. I say this every Sunday it seems, but it’s a very real disadvantage. Games played in Feb/March mean more w/ standings on the line. Idk if it’s just HE bias but your being put at a significant disadvantage by this happening what seems yearly now.

Reaction Score
And yet we've seen them have a horrible loss at home and then go on the road 24 hours later and inexplicably win. Just happened against UNH. I'm not counting on it but we shall see.
See what I mean

Reaction Score
This seems to be the MO of Cavs teams. As soon as they look good they will go cold and the moment you want to write them off the pull of an unexpected win.

Reaction Score
As someone who would not call myself a fan of the hockey team, this board is a great example of why social media sucks. A mediocre UConn team splits a home and home series with the #10 team in the country, and if you followed the posts here you would think we just got swept by a women’s high school hockey team from a state that doesn’t play hockey.

If you ever want a better caliber player, you better pray potential recruits never find this board.
It’s called having standards, I don’t think any fans here have unrealistic expectations. Fans will rant during games because it’s what fans do.

Players deciding to play for a program based off of a message board are you kidding me. If that were the case UConn football would be out recruiting Alabama and Georgia. Players to play for a winning program and NIL so do you just want a silent fanbase with zero expectations.

Reaction Score
These last three weekends show you that anything is possible with this team in a win or go home HE tourney. Especially since we would be on the road after game 1 against a really good opponent (assuming we host the first game)
To actually get to the HE championship game though Wood is going to have to figure stuff out.
Cavanaugh should request we wear road jerseys at home from now on.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You couldn’t be more wrong. Go away, you annoying jerk. You also couldn’t be less self aware based on the crap I’ve watched you post. This game was called as it was. We made horrible, sometimes unforgivable errors and still won. Maybe you should watch more hockey.
OK Mr UConn Hockey
Your reply is evidence that the jerk is you

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
OK Mr UConn Hockey
Your reply is evidence that the jerk is you
Really? Someone who never has posted here comes in and broadly indicts us all. Posts similar stuff himself every where else by the way. I call him a jerk for doing that and I’m the problem? Whatever. Your opinion is noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom