UConn-USF game thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know the weather was bad and the OL has been struggling, but the short passes to Thomas in the 4th quarter for example could have been called up earlier in the game. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
It bothers me because this game could have been ours. We were too conservative. When we had the ball on 2 we should have done play action and went deep. No one would have expected it. At worst, 2nd and long which is what we had anyway.

Reaction Score
Three games on national TV and lose all of them, two of them in hideous fashion. At this point, Diaco just has to find out who can polay and build for next year. This year is a write-off and I give him a pass.

Reaction Score
coachRD said:
That speaks to effort, not scheme. Inexcusable. I get we are green on the line and the older guys were led down a horrible path by he who must not be named. But that sack comes down to not giving a feces.
Sure, yet an inexperienced, young OL being on the field a huge percentage of the game may not have helped.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Very poor attitude. We knew this team was bad. No way to sugarcoat it. Just bad. Warde brought in the best remedy he could find, and did a good job. Diaco will turn this thing around. But right now it's bad. Don't throw in the towel.

Just frustrated in the lack of playing calling ability tonight

Reaction Score
Three games on national TV and lose all of them, two of them in hideous fashion. At this point, Diaco just has to find out who can polay and build for next year. This year is a write-off and I give him a pass.
I thought the first3 games was to determine who could play and who could not. After the fumble, the gam plan was no turnovers and make it look close. I guess it worked.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder why.. going on 4 years in a row now the offensive play calling has been just god awful. Each offensive coordinator has tried to push the run when the O-line can't move a newspaper. Then, when it's obvious that the Huskies have to throw, the O-line ends up being outnumbered or just out schemed.

The core of your team is the offensive and defensive lines and they both were ineffective tonight. If they are your weakest link forget it. Game Over!! Wouldn't matter how good Geremy Davis or Whitmer are.

Reaction Score
EJHarrington said:
At this point, Diaco just has to find out who can polay and build for next year.
On the recruiting trail, potential early playing time has to be emphasized. No guarantees, but most definitely opportunities as a prime differentiator.

Reaction Score
On the recruiting trail, potential early playing time has to be emphasized. No guarantees, but most definitely opportunities as a prime differentiator.
Agreed. The program has a history of producing NFL-caliber OL and DL. The potential of that plus being 4 year starters needs to be a selling point.

Reaction Score
uconnbill said:
Just frustrated in the lack of playing calling ability tonight
Well, that, and shiite starting field position, may not have been a great combo.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You know what would help the field position? A 7 yard gain on a slant to an NFL prospect. It takes less than 2 seconds to execute. If it's not open throw it at the halfback's feet. Try it a couple times and I'm confident Davis would get position against USF's secondary. Just about any defensive back in the country for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom