UConn-USC Postgame Thread (The Huskies back to the Final Four!!!) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn-USC Postgame Thread (The Huskies back to the Final Four!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I did not get to watch the game and was wondering why Ash did not play more minutes.

Reaction Score
The UCONN/ IOWA game is scheduled to start at 9:30 PM Eastern time, after SC plays NC State at 7PM.
Why does ESPN do this every time?
Couldn't they have a 6PM start for SC/ NC State & an 8:30 PM start for UCONN/ Iowa?
Plus, we know that the 7PM game won't start until 7:20, so the UCONN game start will be delayed.
Just one of many reasons I'm happy to be in San Diego! :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The foul shooting late... Added some unnecessary stress my heart could barely take. From here on out, they need to be better. A couple free throws could be the difference.
Nika played all 40 minutes, had 6 free throws, all in the last 1:25 of the game, shooting 3-6 while being exhausted is not that bad. You had the 3 Seniors all play 40 minutes today and that's after 2 of them Nika and Paige who played for 40 minutes less than 48 hours earlier against Duke. So I can understand how they may not have a great day in shooting free throws.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Another achievement for Paige.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With her third NCAA regional Most Outstanding Player honor in three tournaments, <a href="https://twitter.com/paigebueckers1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@PaigeBueckers1</a> joins Maya Moore (<a href="https://twitter.com/MooreMaya?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@MooreMaya</a>) (4, 2008-11), Breanna Stewart (<a href="https://twitter.com/breannastewart?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@breannastewart</a>) (3, 2013, 2015-16) and Diana Taurasi (3, 2001, 2003-04) as <a href="https://twitter.com/UConnWBB?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@UConnWBB</a> players to win at least three.</p>&mdash; carl adamec (@CarlAdamec) <a href="

3 for 3 in the Regional MOP department, she can get #4 next year.

Reaction Score
I am so glad that (unlike the Duke game) I was able to get a full night sleep before waking up at around 0620 to see that the score is 56-59... obviously my pulse went to like 200 right away, so that was the end of my sleep :cool: Just watched the recap, what a game. I don't envy those of you that watched it live!

Reaction Score
This may be way too early, but I am going
to go out on a limb and assume that two or three of the AP pollsters actually saw the game and UConn has a chance to move up in the preseason rankings from its current number 10 ranking to number 9.:confused:

Reaction Score
NIka Nika Nika.
I said she needs
8-10 points, 6 rebs 6 Ast to go with her tough defense and we will win by 8-10 points
she delivered just that.

KK, Ash, Ice and Q. All 4 have delivered in so many ways this season and they most certainly delivered tonight. 20 points 11 rebs collectively in a final Eight. The freshies!

Paige, the hell with your offense. It's been you're defense that has been all world. Blocks, Steals and head to head defense is the reason why you are the best.
It's a shame that the people who should know better (collectively they are known as the "media") do not recognize Paige for what she does on both ends of the court. (I'm not taking anything away from CC)

Reaction Score
So happy I bought my FINAL FOUR TIX in October!
Lucky you. I bought my al-BAIN-knee tickets early but I did sell them at a profit. The good folks at Ticketmaster will be sending me a 1099...

Reaction Score
Paige refused to lose last night. She’s back and she’s on a mission

Paige and the Huskies just knocked out one of the top stars of the country. Why can’t they do it again?

Paige Bueckers vs Caitlin Clark. LETS GOOOO

Reaction Score
Honestly, everyone on the team came through -- Obviously our 2 All-Americans, Paige and AE, but Nika, KK, Ash, Q, and Ice. Ice was huge.

But please, please, please, no more reach-in fouls, and don't try to draw charges 40 feet from the basket. :confused:

Reaction Score
Just watched the replay of the game and I am just so happy for the freshmen. I include Ice among the freshmen. Those players stepped up in the big moments!

Q stepping in and making big plays. Ash making plays. KK doing her thing out there. And Ice. I am so proud of her. When she hit that 3 ball towards the end of the 3rd quarter. I was hyped for her. Talk about a confidence boosting moment. That was huge. Then she hit a mid range shot that gave us a two point lead. Huge moments for her and the freshmen.

I am just happy for this squad and coaching staff. All that they have gone through this season and last season. They did well and now on to Friday. Let's go, UConn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom