UConn-USC Postgame Thread (The Huskies back to the Final Four!!!) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn-USC Postgame Thread (The Huskies back to the Final Four!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
As I posted in one of my brief visits to the Chat Room: I want to issue a public (BY) apology about my posts this week about Qadence! She came in, did the job and as a bonus made a much needed triple!!!
EVERYONE EATS!!!!!

Reaction Score
Tremendous game for the WBB team after having so many first half fouls. IMO, USC should have gone to the rim more often but instead settled for three point shots. Too many missed FTs at the end but probably due to Edwards and Muhl playing 40 minutes. Gutsy performance team.
Edwards & Muhl missed two free throws apiece that would have sealed the game. But given a 2nd chance, they swished their foul shots.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We were in foul trouble and at one point late in the game the fouls were 16 to 9. Then USC was forced to foul us. Nika and KK with 4 fouls and didnt foul out. That was HUGE. What UConn accomplished this season with what theyve been through and only with 7 players is second to nothing. Its unbelievable

Reaction Score
A couple thoughts on tonight’s game:
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
  • When you come to UConn and play for Geno, these are the games you dream about…..the Big Dance in March & April…..with everything on the line. After all that UConn has been through this season; the injuries, the lack of size, experience and depth, somehow this Husky team found a way to take down the #1 seed in their bracket on their way to the program’s 23rd Final Four!!!
  • Once again UConn was led by their incomparable superstar. Paige continues to play a brilliant, complete brand of basketball the likes of which I have never seen before. Paige’s stat line tonight: 28 pts, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks.:eek::eek::eek:
  • Ju Ju Watkins is the most talented freshman scorer in WBB since Caitlin Clark. Tonight, she was dogged by Nika, KK and Paige. Despite all the attention, Watkins still managed to put up 29 points. She is the future of WBB. But tonight belonged to UConn!!!
  • I also want to recognize the extraordinary efforts of Aaliyah over the past four games. She’s been playing out of position at center all season. Coming back after a broken nose, Aaliyah has been matched up against a string of players who go 6’3”, 6’6”, 6’5”, 6’6”, 6’5”, 6’4” & 6’6” in games vs Jackson St, Syracuse, Duke & USC. In those games Aaliyah has been nothing short of spectacular, battling heroically in the paint against a wave of opposing Bigs.
  • UConn got some solid and much needed PT from Ice & Q tonight, particularly with KK & Nika in foul trouble.
  • The Huskies were fighting fatigue at the end of the game. It certainly showed at the foul line. Somehow they hung in there and pulled it out. YOU GOT TO LOVE THIS TEAM! :)
  • Against all odds, UConn has made it back to another FF. Iowa and CC will be waiting for the Huskies in Cleveland. On paper, Iowa has more experience, more depth and should be the favorite to end UConn’s championship run this year. Yessiree, UConn has them right where we want them…..:cool:

I posted this morning that you could count on one hand and have fingers left the number of coaches in D-1 women’s basketball that could take this depleted roster and put them in this game with a chance to advance to the Final Four. You would have an another finger or two left coming up with the coach or coaches who could have beat the #1 seed and advanced this group to the Final Four. Just a wonderful performance by UConn’s players and entire coaching staff. They never ask you how, just how many and UConn figured out how to have an answer to all comers to this point. We will be the underdog in the next game, and the final if they advance- keep the faith. JMO

Reaction Score
Truly remarkable. Look at our injured player roster and they’re in the Final 4? What?

Yes!!!

I will say I said a bad word out loud in the 7th in a row missed FT……

Reaction Score
A couple thoughts on tonight’s game:
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
  • When you come to UConn and play for Geno, these are the games you dream about…..the Big Dance in March & April…..with everything on the line. After all that UConn has been through this season; the injuries, the lack of size, experience and depth, somehow this Husky team found a way to take down the #1 seed in their bracket on their way to the program’s 23rd Final Four!!!
  • Once again UConn was led by their incomparable superstar. Paige continues to play a brilliant, complete brand of basketball the likes of which I have never seen before. Paige’s stat line tonight: 28 pts, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks.:eek::eek::eek:
  • Ju Ju Watkins is the most talented freshman scorer in WBB since Caitlin Clark. Tonight, she was dogged by Nika, KK and Paige. Despite all the attention, Watkins still managed to put up 29 points. She is the future of WBB. But tonight belonged to UConn!!!
  • I also want to recognize the extraordinary efforts of Aaliyah over the past four games. She’s been playing out of position at center all season. Coming back after a broken nose, Aaliyah has been matched up against a string of players who go 6’3”, 6’6”, 6’5”, 6’6”, 6’5”, 6’4” & 6’6” in games vs Jackson St, Syracuse, Duke & USC. In those games Aaliyah has been nothing short of spectacular, battling heroically in the paint against a wave of opposing Bigs.
  • UConn got some solid and much needed PT from Ice & Q tonight, particularly with KK & Nika in foul trouble.
  • The Huskies were fighting fatigue at the end of the game. It certainly showed at the foul line. Somehow they hung in there and pulled it out. YOU GOT TO LOVE THIS TEAM! :)
  • Against all odds, UConn has made it back to another FF. Iowa and CC will be waiting for the Huskies in Cleveland. On paper, Iowa has more experience, more depth and should be the favorite to end UConn’s championship run this year. Yessiree, UConn has them right where we want them…..:cool:
Are you a Marv Albert fan???

Reaction Score
Congratulations! I think this year’s UConn team is extremely deserving of this moment after all the adversity and last year’s disappointment. Incredible grit and determination from everyone in blue tonight. Geno has done it again, and this just might be his best coaching job ever.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IMG_2001.jpeg

Wow. Talk about a team effort!

Reaction Score
We did take more free throws than USC. If you take out the last 8 FTs it was 19 for us and 20 for USC. Thats even.
That's deceptive. It's who they called the fouls on. They put KK & Ashlynn on the bench for much of the 1st half & saddled Nika with 4 fouls.
The fouls on USC were spread out among the players. Nobody had more than 3 until the end.

Reaction Score
Are they cutting down the nets. UConn usually skips that in regionals but I hope they do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom