Men - UConn @ URI Rams’ Bill Beck Field (Tuesday 3/19/24 @3p) Game on ESPN+/Mixlr | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ URI Rams’ Bill Beck Field (Tuesday 3/19/24 @3p) Game on ESPN+/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I knew I should have hoped for the rainout. I’m sure their all dragging including coaches…that’s a quick turnaround and that bus trip didn’t help.

Reaction Score
Bottom 8th, Quinn retires the side in order with 2 strikeouts, 5 on the game. 4-1 URI.

Reaction Score
Top 9th, UConn offense with a scoreless inning after a 2 out walk, picking up 3 strikeouts. URI gets a 4-1 victory.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, that was a pretty disappointing performance.

Reaction Score
2 hits and one was an infield bunt single against a team if you look at their results gave up a ton of runs. Ouch, not good.

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts:
Good:
1) Other than Sully I thought Cinella and Quinn threw well
2) Kron barreled balls just right at guys. Made good contact

Bad:
1) Not optimal scheduling given they got back on Monday. If gonna play Tuesday at least play at home. No excuses but it's not optimal after a long grinding road trip
2) These losses are RIP killers
3) 4th inning 0-0 1st/2nd nobody out and you bunt your #4 hitter (Broadhurst)? Play for the big inning with Malcom and Studley coming up. I'm a Penders fan but that's not good stuff playing small ball there. If you're bunting there Broadhurst shouldn't be hitting 4th. No disrespect but the URI starter didn't have much. Do you wanna win the game 3-1? Let the meat of your lineup swing away and try to put up a crooked number.

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts:
Good:

Bad:
1) Not optimal scheduling given they got back on Monday. If gonna play Tuesday at least play at home. No excuses but it's not optimal after a long grinding road trip
3) 4th inning 0-0 1st/2nd nobody out and you bunt your #4 hitter (Broadhurst)? Play for the big inning with Malcom and Studley coming up. I'm a Penders fan but that's not good stuff playing small ball there. If you're bunting there Broadhurst shouldn't be hitting 4th. No disrespect but the URI starter didn't have much. Do you wanna win the game 3-1? Let the meat of your lineup swing away and try to put up a crooked number.
I agree completely with your #3. Penders is sac bunt happy and with this team struggling at the plate I would much rather have 3 cracks at swinging away then give up the out to your cleanup hitter. Too many sac bunts too early in games.

Reaction Score
I’m sure their all dragging including coaches…that’s a quick turnaround and that bus trip didn’t help.
Scheduling a game a day or so after a cross country flight (red eye?), plus a 90 minute drive to Rhode, maybe not the best plan. Onward …

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts:
Good:

Bad:
You thought we could get to 3 runs against horrid pitchers playing small ball? That’s so cute.

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts:
Good:

Bad:
Could not agree more with #3. Analytics be damned ... Does Penders realize what message he is sending his team by bunting his clean up hitter in that situation?? Absolutely not a team confidence building decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom