UConn Travel Vent | The Boneyard

UConn Travel Vent

Reaction Score

Why is UConn traveling from New Orleans to Storrs to Forth Worth in a two day stretch? This team has compiled more traveling miles than anyone else in the conference and now make this dumb decision.

New Orleans to Forth Worth = 540 Miles

New Orleans to Storrs (1,442 miles) and Storrs to Fort Worth (1,725 miles) = 3,167 miles

This is insanity

Edit: May be three or four days instead of two but still

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is insanity and a big reason why we are leaving the conference. I used to have class with the players. Sometimes they don’t land in CT until 1 or 2am, get to campus around 3am then have class at 8am. It’s crazy what these kids go through.

Reaction Score
Idk. Since we are not playing until Thursday, maybe they want to come home for a couple days since that would be a long time to be away...Im assuming they flew into NOLA yesterday.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I think there is an NCAA rule where if there is class being held the next day, the team must go home for class.

Reaction Score
when are they flying to forth worth, Wednesday?

agreed it's ridiculous but sunday to weds is a 4 day stretch

Reaction Score
is it a given that there would be some place to practice if they didn't come home ?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It is insanity and a big reason why we are leaving the conference. I used to have class with the players. Sometimes they don’t land in CT until 1 or 2am, get to campus around 3am then have class at 8am. It’s crazy what these kids go through.
This is the unseen commitment. Being a high level D1 athlete and a college student is a lot harder than many think. The NCAA is run by self serving money grubbing scumbags who don't get this. It's not 1950 anymore.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Does sitting on an airplane really affect an 18 year old kid that much? Hey will never notice the extra hour. I think the travel thing is overstated.

Reaction Score
Does sitting on an airplane really affect an 18 year old kid that much? Hey will never notice the extra hour. I think the travel thing is overstated.

I think its more that this is a high level of competition, even if it makes them only 3% worse, that 3% could be the difference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I travel regularly. If I had a business meeting in New Orleans on Sunday and a meeting in Fort Worth on Thursday, no way I'm staying in hotels in Texas Sunday-Wednesday rather than my own bed.

Yeah, people are acting like the games are Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Yeah, people are acting like the games are Tuesday.

Right, UConn has been so good on the road, especially after long flights. Let’s not throw them a bone and keep them in the area for two extra days

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
Its a 3 and 4 hour flight they’ll be fine.
I know why are we acting like they have to hike through West Virginia to then swim across the Mississippi, until finally backpacking their way across the lower plains in time for Thursday?
it is literally a few hours on a plane... I’m more concerned with playing down to the level of their competition, possibly looking past Tulane who’d be playing them a 3rd time and should have a good game plan, to the rematch grudge match with WSU... why am I nervous already?
but yeah the travel blows but it blows either way so why not come home and relax a bit?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom