UConn stats... first 3 European games... | The Boneyard

UConn stats... first 3 European games...

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
With 3 games down and 1 more to play against Hungary, UConn's elder statesmen and rookies are very impressive. Here are a few fun stats, assuming I read the box scores right.

1. Azzi is hot, hot, hot - After scoring 57 pts in 57 minutes in the first two games, Azzi slowed down to 10 pts against the Italian All-Stars. As I see it, she is 16-30 from three range or 53.3%.
2. Q ain't shy - Qadence is not shy about shooting the ball. I count 39 shots in less than 3 games. Good news is many went in, with 37 total points. ( But 6-22 from three)
3. KK is pretty darn good... - KK Arnold is stuffing the stat sheet w/ 40 pts, 15 assists, 14 rebounds and 11 steals. Played well at both ends of the court.
4. Turnovers under control.... - In the 3 games, 19 then 12 then 15 turnovers. And that is using the freshmen for much of the games.
5. Assists... - 76 assists in 110 minutes. Everybody helping out...
6. Aubrey is really playing well..! 13-17 shooting, 35 pts, 19 boards, 10 steals and 9-12 from the charity stripe.
7. We got the rebounding Shade... - Ashlynn with 19 rebounds, 18 pts, and 8 steals. Nice when paired with KK...!
8. Team rebounds = An incredible 141 rebounds in the 3 games. Edwards w/ 28...

Can't wait for the season to start...!!
Go Huskies..!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks, David! I would like to see a better A:TO ratio, but considering it's pre-season and inexperienced players are getting major minutes, I'll take it for now. The freshmen are willing and reasonably able passers.

With Paige on the floor, Azzi should shoot very well. I'll be very pleased if she shoots 53% from distance. Or if Paige does. :)

Reaction Score
With 3 games down and 1 more to play against Hungary, UConn's elder statesmen and rookies are very impressive. Here are a few fun stats, assuming I read the box scores right.

1. Azzi is hot, hot, hot - After scoring 57 pts in 57 minutes in the first two games, Azzi slowed down to 10 pts against the Italian All-Stars. As I see it, she is 16-30 from three range or 53.3%.
2. Q ain't shy - Qadence is not shy about shooting the ball. I count 39 shots in less than 3 games. Good news is many went in, with 37 total points. ( But 6-22 from three)
3. KK is pretty darn good... - KK Arnold is stuffing the stat sheet w/ 40 pts, 15 assists, 14 rebounds and 11 steals. Played well at both ends of the court.
4. Turnovers under control.... - In the 3 games, 19 then 12 then 15 turnovers. And that is using the freshmen for much of the games.
6. Aubrey is really playing well..! 13-17 shooting, 35 pts, 19 boards, 10 steals and 9-12 from the charity stripe.
7. We got the rebounding Shade... - Ashlynn with 19 rebounds, 18 pts, and 8 steals. Nice when paired with KK...!

Go Huskies..!!
Again, these stats validate this team as the one to beat this year. But, unfortunately that's not going to happen. Uconn is a team of destiny this year and will not be denied their 12th NC. GO TEAM!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Again, these stats validate this team as the one to beat this year. But, unfortunately that's not going to happen. Uconn is a team of destiny this year and will not be denied their 12th NC. GO TEAM!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!
Next 12, pour me one. I’m in complete agreement. I’ve been saying that all summer. IMO…….this is by far the best team Geno has had since 2016. This team is supremely talented up and down the roster. If not THIS year, then when?

I can see different players stepping up every game. When one or two players are off (it will happen), someone else will step up. Scoring points will not be a problem for this team.

I commented in an earlier post, this year when Geno looks down his bench for a sub, it will be like looking at a fully stocked buffet table. Lots of capable choices. Aaliyah, Paige and Azzi are capable of putting up a thirty-burger at anytime.

I’m wondering how long it will be before KK and Qadence have their breakout games. Chrystal Dangerfield and Christyn Williams had theirs before the holiday break their first year. It’s coming, the question is when. I join with the other posters that have said this team is going to be fun to watch, especially against the top ranked teams.

Nothing will make UConn Nation or the boneyard collective smile and feel good about themselves more than a victory over Notre Dame or South Carolina. Go Dawgs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks, David! I would like to see a better A:TO ratio, but considering it's pre-season and inexperienced players are getting major minutes, I'll take it for now. The freshmen are willing and reasonably able passers.

With Paige on the floor, Azzi should shoot very well. I'll be very pleased if she shoots 53% from distance. Or if Paige does. :)
How about both Paige and Azzi shoot over 50% from 3.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How about both Paige and Azzi shoot over 50% from 3.

Now we're talking! Both break the NCAA season record and shoot exactly the same percentage. That will link them in the record books!

Reaction Score
Next 12, pour me one. I’m in complete agreement. I’ve been saying that all summer. IMO…….this is by far the best team Geno has had since 2016. This team is supremely talented up and down the roster. If not THIS year, then when?

I can see different players stepping up every game. When one or two players are off (it will happen), someone else will step up. Scoring points will not be a problem for this team.

I commented in an earlier post, this year when Geno looks down his bench for a sub, it will be like looking at a fully stocked buffet table. Lots of capable choices. Aaliyah, Paige and Azzi are capable of putting up a thirty-burger at anytime.

I’m wondering how long it will be before KK and Qadence have their breakout games. Chrystal Dangerfield and Christyn Williams had theirs before the holiday break their first year. It’s coming, the question is when. I join with the other posters that have said this team is going to be fun to watch, especially against the top ranked teams.

Nothing will make UConn Nation or the boneyard collective smile and feel good about themselves more than a victory over Notre Dame or South Carolina. Go Dawgs.
Carnac, my friend, I will pour you the whole bottle. Iv'e said you are my favorite poster and this post proves it. You are so much more articulate in your observations than I am. I agree with you 200%. GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac, my friend, I will pour you the whole bottle. Iv'e said you are my favorite poster and this post proves it. You are so much more articulate in your observations than I am. I agree with you 200%. GO HUSKIES!!!!!
Thank you next, I appreciate the flowers. :)

Reaction Score
It's all about the turban. OK, OK, and the cape too.

Reaction Score
Ehhhhhhhh . .

UConn may well be the "team of destiny this year." One might even say "probably" about that status. However, these game stats do nothing to validate that. These opponents are nothing to compare with UConn's Big East opponents or many US high school teams. Let's not even talk about UConn's top ten non-conference opponents. Enjoy the trip. Enjoy seeing your freshmen practice against warm bodies. Enjoy seeing the romp stats, but don't look to it as validation.

Reaction Score
I like what I saw in the first two scrimmages so far. I will have to catch up on games 3 & 4 later today. Like we have been saying over the past few weeks and months, we got the talent, we got the bodies, now it all comes down to how healthy they remain and how the coaching staff decides where and how to utilize this collection of gifted players. I mean we got some a solid list of talent. Just a matter of health and what direction the coaching staff wants to take the program.

Reaction Score
Ehhhhhhhh . .

UConn may well be the "team of destiny this year." One might even say "probably" about that status. However, these game stats do nothing to validate that. These opponents are nothing to compare with UConn's Big East opponents or many US high school teams. Let's not even talk about UConn's top ten non-conference opponents. Enjoy the trip. Enjoy seeing your freshmen practice against warm bodies. Enjoy seeing the romp stats, but don't look to it as validation.
Forgive me if I'm a little more optimistic than you. These games however insignificant are an omen, a sign or a precursor to what this team is capable of and as easy as it looked, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. Uconn will respond to the better teams or the best teams like a winner always does, THEY WIN! GO TEAM!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
These European games have given Geno and his staff a chance to look at the underclassman. Lets face it the competition is not what they will face come November. This is good experience for the freshman to get the jitters out while playing with some of the upperclassman. From what Ive seen and read we have a really good freshman class.

We still are not healthy enough to play everybody, and have approx 2 months to be ready, and I think we
will be ready. We will be without Jana and Caroline is still not ready. Still everything is there for this team to win it all. We have the depth and talent and some AA's that can light it up. We need to get healthy and Geno is giving his team all the time they need to get healthy.

We may not see all the starters play long minutes this season unless it is very necessary. They will need rest and the freshman will need minutes to grow within the UConn system. Keeping them healthy will be the priority. There are some health concerns with a couple of players and thats ok for now as we have a bench that can come in and replace them. Another priority is having the non starters ready and up to speed and this trip has helped that. As I see it now Paige Azzi and Aaliyah will carry the team. All 3 should be AA's and tuff to stop.

There has been talk about lack of a big? I am waiting to see a healthy Amari and how she has developed. We need her presence down low even if its for short minutes throughout the game. With that said we have more weapons that most teams. With our schedule we will be tested unlike some other teams. I see UConn as an explosive team that has the ability to light it up. No other team has that. Team chemistry will be a huge asset of this team and with that said we have a few go to players who can make it happen.

I cant wait for the season to start. This is what we've been waiting for and its just a little over 2 months away.

Reaction Score

Go Huskies..!!
As always David--Great. I'm waiting for one of your VERY Tough Quizzes
Q, Qadence (thanks for that, I need to learn to spell her name). Whether she is shy or outgoing on shooting--I'm sure she'll throw them up (I like that) until CD or Geno says STOP. Great to see your STATS, please don't STOP..!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom