Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
BD2BECEE-07D0-4D79-8FED-737B08F4309F.jpeg

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The forwards who get Cardoso's minutes may be more effective, at least on defense, than Cardoso herself. When I watched Cardoso play in person against Utah at Mohegan Sun a couple of months ago, I thought that Cardoso looked very immobile compared to nearly everyone else on the court -- even Alyssa Pili, who is no gazelle.

SC may not have quite the degree of rim protection that Cardoso would provide, but they should be better able to defend UConn's drives to the basket with the other forwards that they have.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UConn women's basketball must be in a sad state if some of us are celebrating the fact that an opposing player will miss a regular season game.

Make no mistake, SC has four bench players who are as good as any other sixth woman in the country. If there was ever a team that could do without their leading scorer for one game, it's them.

Reaction Score
UConn women's basketball must be in a sad state if some of us are celebrating the fact that an opposing player will miss a regular season game.

Make no mistake, SC has four bench players who are as good as any other sixth woman in the country. If there was ever a team that could do without their leading scorer for one game, it's
Only one post celebrated. Certainly wouldn’t classify this as some. In fact most are not celebrating but giving caution that SC has more than enough talent to still beat us handedly.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Only one post celebrated. Certainly wouldn’t classify this as some. In fact most are not celebrating but giving caution that SC has more than enough talent to still beat us handedly.
More than one person expressed a positive sentiment over the news. I appreciate that most didn't. I agree with your assessment.

Reaction Score
I know we should want opponents to be at full strength but sorry to say, it kind of makes me feel more optimistic about the game knowing she won’t be there. And they have a boatload of depth anyway.

Of course I’m NEVER relieved to hear an opposing player will be out if it’s because of an injury, but this isn’t that.

Reaction Score
As it has been said before: " wait until next year"! (and hope for this year).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Better News was never written!

Go Huskies!
Meh, if we want to get the measure of ourselves we are better off playing them at full strength.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Quick, athletic guards give us problems and SC has quick, athletic guards. Gonna need to play the perfect game to keep it close. Here's hoping it's a close one!
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Reaction Score

Make no mistake, SC has four bench players who are as good as any other sixth woman in the country. If there was ever a team that could do without their leading scorer for one game, it's them.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Reaction Score
Meh, if we want to get the measure of ourselves we are better off playing them at full strength.
I have an idea already, and I don’t want the younger guys spirits to be crushed. The starters were gassed today. They just aren’t getting much help from the bench.

Reaction Score
By the start of the 4th quarter, SC has worn their opponents down and start to widen their lead further. UConn has a very short bench. Can’t afford foul trouble. Won’t be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom