UConn Recruiting Speculation | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn Recruiting Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think her follows mean anything at this point. She's followed both Duke and UNC players recently. So she may genuinely not have made up her mind yet between the 3 schools. The players may have requested to follow her because they are still trying to recruit her.

Like someone mentioned yesterday, she recently is following Morgan Cheli's dad too. We will find out next week!
Why would she follow Morgan’s dad and not Morgan? Hmmm

One thing I’ve noticed is Sarah bears a strong resemblance to Kaleena.

Reaction Score

Just realized that two of the schools that made Lara Somfai’s Top 5 will have different coaches by the time she commits. Wonder how that will impact UConn’s chances.

I think Sarah Strong is a big factor for Somfai and the longer the SS saga goes. The more I think Duke won't be where SS lands. UNC is looking more likely by the day.
It looks like UCONN, Stanford (and maybe not Stanford if Tara is going to leave) and Duke may be battling for Somfai.

I would prefer Sarah goes to UCONN if not Duke.
Lawson isn't going to Knoxville. People just make stuff up. Kind of scary how quickly things with no basis in reality take hold.

Reaction Score
UConn has endless frontcourt issues going into next year at the moment.
They certainly have endless availability (timing for return/recovery from surgeries and injuries) issues.
On paper roster size, maxed... But I think the injury returns raise questions.

Reaction Score

Here is the Sarah Strong interview for those that haven’t seen it. It’s interesting that she says one of her factors is to be close to home (then backtracks and says that they all are kind of close to home) but then she says “I don’t know, I don’t know how close I want to be to home.” It’s that last part that is giving me hope still, like maybe UNC or Duke were too close to home for her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Here is the Sarah Strong interview for those that haven’t seen it. It’s interesting that she says one of her factors is to be close to home (then backtracks and says that they all are kind of close to home) but then she says “I don’t know, I don’t know how close I want to be to home.” It’s that last part that is giving me hope still, like maybe UNC or Duke were too close to home for her.

Just plan on her not coming and you won’t be disappointed but if she does come think how happy you’ll be. That’s the way I’m looking at it so I don’t have Ajita all week.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'll cross post this in the April recruiting thread, however this came up in my FB memories from a year ago today -

"We're not going anywhere. And if you see who we recruited this year, and once you find out who's coming next year and the following year, we're not going anywhere."
~ Geno Auriemma​

Reaction Score
Why would she follow Morgan’s dad and not Morgan? Hmmm

One thing I’ve noticed is Sarah bears a strong resemblance to Kaleena.

She's followed Morgan for awhile now. I was talking about recent follows on her social media.

Reaction Score
She would be a star at UNC right out of the gate (NIL$} and her dad's there. No guarantees from Duke that Kara stays now that the job at Tennessee is open. UConn is going to be stacked next year.
I believe many of these considerations are like dominoes. For instance... Though I hope Sarah Strong commits
to UCONN (IMHO she should!) ... If Sarah commits to Duke... then there is no reason for Kara Lawson to consider
the Tennessee H.C. position. But we do not know anything but "speculation" about Sarah's decision nor about
Tennessee's " H.C. search". Things, dominoes, will start dropping 24 -48 hours after the NC game! Not to
mention, after April 17th!! GO HUSKIES, beat IOWA!!.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think Sarah Strong is a big factor for Somfai and the longer the SS saga goes. The more I think Duke won't be where SS lands. UNC is looking more likely by the day.
It looks like UCONN, Stanford (and maybe not Stanford if Tara is going to leave) and Duke may be battling for Somfai.

I would prefer Sarah goes to UCONN if not Duke.
Lawson isn't going to Knoxville. People just make stuff up. Kind of scary how quickly things with no basis in reality take hold.

:confused:

So you are saying I should hold off on getting some Remy Martin and a bottle of Prosecco?

Reaction Score
Ms Weimar's resume reminds me of a certain someone else that came out of nowhere and joined the Huslies for a 5th year. Did rather well too as I recall. What was her name....Lou something...? :D

It’s hard to compare a center to a SG. I have seen Weimar play numerous times. She probably would help a little bit, but certainly would not be any kind of difference maker at this level.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Possibility? Clara Strack...this season at Virginia Tech...just a frosh...entering portal...3 years of eligibility left.
6'5"...I hear good things....as in 'starter from day one'. From New York State...hope we show
appropriate interest.
Watched some video on her. Big girl, who posts up strong, protects the rim on D and has some nice upside. She was obviously going to be Kitley’s successor at VA Tech before the HC bolted to KY. Whether she follows him there or would seriously consider other schools remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
Watched some video on her. Big girl, who posts up strong, protects the rim on D and has some nice upside. She was obviously going to be Kitley’s successor at VA Tech before the HC bolted to KY. Whether she follows him there or would seriously consider other schools remains to be seen.
She elected to not be contacted in the portal

Reaction Score
I believe many of these considerations are like dominoes. For instance... Though I hope Sarah Strong commits
to UCONN (IMHO she should!) ... If Sarah commits to Duke... then there is no reason for Kara Lawson to consider
the Tennessee H.C. position. But we do not know anything but "speculation" about Sarah's decision nor about
Tennessee's " H.C. search". Things, dominoes, will start dropping 24 -48 hours after the NC game! Not to
mention, after April 17th!! GO HUSKIES, beat IOWA!!.
There are no dominos, only the elephant in the room that looks like a Husky. If Sarah wants to win a NC next year with one of her three finalists, the only place is UConn. She won’t win one at NC State or Duke, may come close but the odds are way against it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She’s a heady player that, as a grad student, could add experience to what will be a very young backcourt
Young/inexperienced backcourt? UCONN? With Bueckers and Fudd, Ducharme? Bettencourt with age/time in program. Even Arnold and Shade, though young, have quite a bit of experience.

I don't see needing a lot of help in the backcourt next year.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, I like Karlen as a transfer addition more than Chen or any other possibility. She would fit into Geno's schemes well. If he goes that route I hope he keeps her in mind. I also suspect she would be really happy in Storrs.
How about this development.. As a transfer srudent?
1000009714.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I want to get ahead of this one - Lety Vasconselos, a 6-7, center from Baylor, has entered the portal. To pick a common opponent, Lety played 15 minutes vs Providence, shot 1-4, had 4 rebounds, a block, 2 fouls and a turnover. She averaged 1.1 points and 2.1 rebounds for the season

Providence’s Olivia Olson, 6-3 in height, had 12 points and 10 rebounds in 24 minutes

It’s not all about the height.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I want to get ahead of this one - Lety Vasconselos, a 6-7, center from Baylor, has entered the portal. To pick a common opponent, Lety played 15 minutes vs Providence, shot 1-4, had 4 rebounds, a block, 2 fouls and a turnover. She averaged 1.1 points and 2.1 rebounds for the season

Soooo glad you posted this, as I was thinking along the same thought but couldn't figure out what to say ...

Reaction Score

Providence’s Olivia Olson, 6-3 in height, had 12 points and 10 rebounds in 24 minutes

Yeah, this one won't be registering on the UConn portal radar. ;)

Reaction Score
Should we be worried that Megan Duffy might put a full court pressure on Lara Somfai being VT was one of her picks

Reaction Score
Should we be worried that Megan Duffy might put a full court pressure on Lara Somfai being VT was one of her picks
I think with Megan Duffy taking the job, it definitely lessens the possibility of Somfai not pursuing Virginia Tech because of a coaching change. BUT you never know a players motivation for choosing a school. Maybe Kenny Brooks was what was drawing her to VT or the location, the academics, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom