UConn Receives Historic Gift To Support New Student-Athlete Success Center | The Boneyard

UConn Receives Historic Gift To Support New Student-Athlete Success Center

Reaction Score
Is this accurate? This UConn grad I'm just hearing about for the first time is worth $650-$700 million?

UConn graduate makes largest athletic donation in history.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is this accurate? This UConn grad I'm just hearing about for the first time is worth $650-$700 million?

What an incredibly wonderful story.

Reaction Score

Sounds like she has a real shot to be the first billionaire alum in UConn history too

Reaction Score
Trisha was a part of a huge fundraising effort by the Uconn Track and Field program amidst the beginning of the athletic budget cuts to help keep all their programs (XC, T&F) afloat. She’s such a huge reason for that (amongst many other incredible alumni) and is an absolute amazing human. While the athletic budget cuts weren’t great, Trisha would never have been reunited with UConn if not for the Track and Field program having to mount such a robust alumni fundraising campaign. Such a serendipitous silver lining given all the wondrous generosity she’s giving to T&F and UConn as a whole now.

Reaction Score
Is there a bio on her? Where she was born, etc. I know that all her businesses are located in Florida. Does she have any other connections in Connecticut besides UConn?

Curiouser
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'm hoping to get close to that by winning Mega Millions tonight. But you won't hear about that either. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm hoping to get close to that by winning Mega Millions tonight. But you won't hear about that either. ;)
Dude, there better be a party. That’s all I’m saying.

Reaction Score
UConn has a number of wealthy alumni although probably not as wealthy as Trisha Bailey. In general, these people are not famous sports stars, actors, politicians, or academics, so they never make it on the "famous UConn alumni" lists.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it really strange that Trisha Bailey has never even been mentioned on this board before today?

We've had a bunch of threads about UConn's wealthy alumni or lack thereof and it seems nobody knew anything about her. If any alum was worth $650-$700 million you would think everyone would know about it. That she's a 45 year old black woman who grew up poor in Jamaica and Hartford and played sports at the University makes it way more newsworthy and unique. I'm shocked we're just hearing about this woman for the first time on this board. That net worth would make her one of the richest black women in the world.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it really strange that Trisha Bailey has never even been mentioned on this board before today?

We've had a bunch of threads about UConn's wealthy alumni or lack thereof and it seems nobody knew anything about her. If any alum was worth $650-$700 million you would think everyone would know about it. That she's a 45 year old black woman who grew up poor in Jamaica and Hartford and played sports at the University makes it way more newsworthy and unique. I'm shocked we're just hearing about this woman for the first time on this board. That net worth would make her one of the richest black women in the world.
No, as I stated above, the most visible UConn alums have been pro athletes, actors, politicians,... There are other wealthy UConn alums, but they have made their fortunes in finance, real estate, business,.. and aren't as high profile. Everyone knows Rebecca Lobo, but nobody would have known Robert Burton if he hadn't been a big donor to the football program, although he is not an alum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, as I stated above, the most visible UConn alums have been pro athletes, actors, politicians,... There are other wealthy UConn alums, but they have made their fortunes in finance, real estate, business,.. and aren't as high profile. Everyone knows Rebecca Lobo, but nobody would have known Robert Burton if he hadn't been a big donor to the football program, although he is not an alum.
As you stated Robert Burton didn't go to UConn and I don't think he had anywhere near the type of money this article is stating Trisha Bailey has.

It's strange to me we would have a 45 year old woman who played sports at UConn who is worth $650-700 million and is on her way to being a billionaire and we never heard of her. That net worth would put her at like the 5th or 6th richest black woman in the world according to Forbes and they don't have her on the list.

It's incredibly rare for people to have that kind of money and for it to go unnoticed. It's an amazing story I'm just surprised it seems she's gone so under the radar as an alum and there is so little information about her wealth on the internet.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
As you stated Robert Burton didn't go to UConn and I don't think he had anywhere near the type of money this article is stating Trisha Bailey has.

It's strange to me we would have a 45 year old woman who played sports at UConn who is worth $650-700 million and is on her way to being a billionaire and we never heard of her. That net worth would put her at like the 5th or 6th richest black woman in the world according to Forbes and they don't have her on the list.

She had not stepped foot in Storrs since graduating until earlier this year. She was out of the picture.

Reaction Score
I’d agree with Superjohn. She’s ultra rich. Kind of odd that she hasn’t gotten some press associated with UConn. It isn’t about donations all the time, it’s also about praising and shining a light on your successful grads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom