UConn/Pitt announce future Home & Home Series (2027 & 2028) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn/Pitt announce future Home & Home Series (2027 & 2028)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So diving into the future schedules:
In 2024, Syracuse will likely be a neutral site game (possibly at Yankee Stadium), and the last unannounced game will likely be a home game against an FCS opponent.

In 2025, we have already scheduled 10 games (including an FCS opponent). We have three P5 opponents scheduled although all three are on the road (including a body bag game against Ohio State). We should stick to ACC opponents if we go down the P5 route (which I think we will).

Possible P5 ACC opponents where we could play on the road in 25 and at home in 26 are Virginia, Pitt, and Duke. I don't think Pitt will extend the series forward two seasons but you never know. Realistically, Virginia is the school we should be trying to get a 25/26 series with.

For the road game, we should try to schedule a P5 where we can get a home game for 28 in return. Wake or Duke are the two available.

In 2026, we have already scheduled 11 games (including an FCS opponent). If we are able to get a 25/26 series with Virginia, the home game would be in 26.

In 2027, we have scheduled 10 games so far. There are a lot of possibilities for what we could do, but I would suggest scheduling a H/H series with a P5 school with the road game in 27 and the home game in 29. The final game would likely be a home game against a FCS opponent.

In 2028, we have scheduled 8 games so far. If we get an additional P5 home game from a 25/28 series, that leaves us with three openings. Two more P5 series tied to 29 with one being home and one being away in both season would get the job done. We could finish off the season with an FCS home game.

In 2029, we have scheduled 3 games so far. Keeping track of my previous moves, we would have six games scheduled including 4 at home and 3 in total against P5 competition. At this point, I think we would be set up for 2030-2035 (the year before we could potentially join the ACC).

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Big time get .... Add Rutty next ... would be great to have consistent BC, Cuse, Rutty, Pitt, Temple, Army, Navy, WVU for home and aways... leverage the men's and womens bball
Only leverage if we absolutely have to but I agree with your sentiment.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'd be keen to see a UConn vs. Penn State series. Penn State gets an easy out of conference opponent, and we'd get a local power that should travel well in both directions. I'd also like to win Mega Millions, but a fan's gotta dream.
Best way to get on their radar is a PR campaign that shows our dairy bar is better than their dairy bar.

Btw, their dairy bar is very good and they're as proud of it as anything else on campus.

Maybe sneak a cow's head into Franklin's bed...

Reaction Score
we should be playing penn state in football, basketball and hockey. I would prefer we play them over Ohio state but we take what we get I guess.
Time to get a good relationship going with the PSU administration.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Best way to get on their radar is a PR campaign that shows our dairy bar is better than their dairy bar.

Btw, their dairy bar is very good and they're as proud of it as anything else on campus.

A dairy bar battle and a challenge of who has the best blue/white uniforms in the northeast (shut up Yale).

Reaction Score
So diving into the future schedules:
In 2024, Syracuse will likely be a neutral site game (possibly at Yankee Stadium), and the last unannounced game will likely be a home game against an FCS opponent.

In 2025, we have already scheduled 10 games (including an FCS opponent). We have three P5 opponents scheduled although all three are on the road (including a body bag game against Ohio State). We should stick to ACC opponents if we go down the P5 route (which I think we will).

Possible P5 ACC opponents where we could play on the road in 25 and at home in 26 are Virginia, Pitt, and Duke. I don't think Pitt will extend the series forward two seasons but you never know. Realistically, Virginia is the school we should be trying to get a 25/26 series with.

For the road game, we should try to schedule a P5 where we can get a home game for 28 in return. Wake or Duke are the two available.

In 2026, we have already scheduled 11 games (including an FCS opponent). If we are able to get a 25/26 series with Virginia, the home game would be in 26.

In 2027, we have scheduled 10 games so far. There are a lot of possibilities for what we could do, but I would suggest scheduling a H/H series with a P5 school with the road game in 27 and the home game in 29. The final game would likely be a home game against a FCS opponent.

In 2028, we have scheduled 8 games so far. If we get an additional P5 home game from a 25/28 series, that leaves us with three openings. Two more P5 series tied to 29 with one being home and one being away in both season would get the job done. We could finish off the season with an FCS home game.

In 2029, we have scheduled 3 games so far. Keeping track of my previous moves, we would have six games scheduled including 4 at home and 3 in total against P5 competition. At this point, I think we would be set up for 2030-2035 (the year before we could potentially join the ACC).
There are some good games here…I think cbs will want to renew… hopefully for more money… we have to get competitive…enough of this losing.. its been going on for to long as is

shizzle787

Reaction Score
9.5 LAFAYETTE

9.12 MARYLAND

9.26 INDIANA

10.24 UMASS

11.14 JAMES MADISON
2 P5 opponents. We are going to play UMass and an FCS opponent anyway, and we still have a game (possibly against a P5) to schedule.

Reaction Score

That would be an act of war. Our cows are sacrosanct LOL

Penn-State-Holstein-Calves-696x464.jpg

Reaction Score
9.5 LAFAYETTE

9.12 MARYLAND

9.26 INDIANA

10.24 UMASS

11.14 JAMES MADISON
I don’t think you intended it this way but even with the editing of games that is a really good schedule FOR US. 4 of those teams go into those games thinking they can beat us. 3 of them are favored over us. We are a terrible football team. 32-90 in the last decade, multiple 10 (or +) losing seasons, etc. I am am a multi sport ticket holder with a family full of grads, but we need to understand that we are just not attractive in any way in football and have zero leverage Indy, FCS, and mid tier P5 is our future for now.

Reaction Score
we should be playing penn state in football, basketball and hockey. I would prefer we play them over Ohio state but we take what we get I guess.
I for one would welcome UConn being on our schedule across multiple sports in the near future. Both schools have strong athletic departments that could make for good competition between the schools. Someone joked about working ice cream into the rivalry, and I actually think that they could build something fun around a competition.

I'm honestly surprised that we've never played UConn in football. Our AD seems to have made a concerted effort over the last few years to schedule more matchups with other Eastern Programs. We had a recent series with Pitt, are currently in a H&H with WVU and have something scheduled with Syracuse. We've hosted Nova, Delaware and Umass for home dates when we had an opening. Unfortunately getting PSU to East Hartford for football would probably be a tall order, but maybe creative scheduling with a football 2 for 1 and a basketball game or two in NY or Philly might do the trick.

Reaction Score
Both hockey teams have played Penn State fairly frequently for awhile. WHOC took 3 points on the weekend at State College to start the season this year.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Both hockey teams have played Penn State fairly frequently for awhile. WHOC took 3 points on the weekend at State College to start the season this year.
Men’s hockey has barely ever played Penn State.

Reaction Score
Don’t know about WHOC but the men have had 2 series with them I think. The first one at UCONN was a great one. Not that either team was great but 2 really good hockey games.

Reaction Score
The problem with scheduling ACC teams is that it makes it much more difficult to ever get an invite to the ACC. With only 8 conference games BCU, Pitt, SU , Duke, etc. would lose an OOC game and make their scheduling more difficult. I think they like to keep us with Army, Navy & UMass, easy games to get to and likely a win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom