UConn Outside AP Top 25 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Outside AP Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you exclude Duke's top 3 recruits (#1, #2, and #4), their remaining class coming in is still better than our "top 3 class" next year.

22, 27, 69 vs.
20, 41, 71, 120*, 131 (*only ranked on 247).
Still, recruit rankings are wildly inaccurate predictions. So it’s still nonsense, if we’re honest. Duke isn’t winning a NC next year. No chance. They don’t have the experience to pull it off.

Reaction Score
Still, recruit rankings are wildly inaccurate predictions. So it’s still nonsense, if we’re honest. Duke isn’t winning a NC next year. No chance. They don’t have the experience to pull it off.
They won it in 2015 with 5 freshmen, 1 soph, 1 junior, and 1 senior in their rotation (started 3 freshmen).
This year they're going to have 5 freshmen, 1 junior, and 2 super seniors in their rotation (starting 3 freshmen probably).

Reaction Score
Our supporters. The guy from Providence gave us our highest vote!

1666193980346.png

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Which is hilarious since he keeps questioning some of Hurley's comments on Twitter via Borges, which made me think he was quite skeptical of the Huskies of this season
He, Ed Cooley and @FriarJ are already planning their COVID close contacts to avoid playing us this season. #neverforget

Reaction Score
Hmmm. The last time Providence made the Final Four was in 1987.

Since then, UConn has been to the Final 4 FIVE times and won National Championships in 1999, 2004, 20110 and 2014.

Perhaps you should go post on the Seton Hall or Rutgers message boards instead?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He, Ed Cooley and @FriarJ are already planning their COVID close contacts to avoid playing us this season. #neverforget
IIRC, it was UConn who declined to play on the one available make-up date because Hurley thought it was too close to our other, previously scheduled games.

Reaction Score
IIRC, it was UConn who declined to play on the one available make-up date because Hurley thought it was too close to our other, previously scheduled games.

You do not recall correctly

Also Stu Jackson directly addresses the PC/UConn game in the podcast where the McNamara tweet comes from. He says they lined up the UConn/PC schedules and there were 0 dates available to reschedule based on their parameters

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You do not recall correctly
Thanks. It sounds like there was confusion then about how they calculated the dates and when they started and stopped counting, so I gather the post of yours that you quoted was correcting that initial reporting that Hurley thought it was too close. In any event, I guess you just confirmed that neither side ducked the rematch

Reaction Score
Thanks. It sounds like there was confusion then about how they calculated the dates and when they started and stopped counting, so I gather the post of yours that you quoted was correcting that initial reporting that Hurley thought it was too close. In any event, I guess you just confirmed that neither side ducked the rematch
Yeah it's a UConn Twitter thing, everyone knows PC didn't actually duck us but it needles the fambase nonetheless so it's become a thing to still joke about it

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Let's face it. This season is going to be a rough one from the standpoint of nothing matters except winning that first NCAA game. Any great performance during the season is going to be met with a "yeah, but".

Reaction Score
From what I recall the coaches had no say with the make ups. It was all handled by the conference and there were specific rules set up (days between games, etc.) to determine if dates worked. Unfortunately there was no date that worked within those parameters.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
From what I recall the coaches had no say with the make ups. It was all handled by the conference and there were specific rules set up (days between games, etc.) to determine if dates worked. Unfortunately there was no date that worked within those parameters.
There were questions initially about how the days were counted, and there was a report that one date was possible but that Hurley thought it was too close to our other games. As the @navery12 vault confirmed, it was later clarified that there was no available date under the rules.

As I said, in any event it confirms that Providence didn't duck the rematch, which I guess some UConn fans still like to claim nonetheless. It looks cringey and insecure to me, but what do I know?

Reaction Score
There were questions initially about how the days were counted, and there was a report that one date was possible but that Hurley thought it was too close to our other games. As the @navery12 vault confirmed, it was later clarified that there was no available date under the rules.

As I said, in any event it confirms that Providence didn't duck the rematch, which I guess some UConn fans still like to claim nonetheless. It looks cringey and insecure to me, but what do I know?
As an occasional participant in the shenanigans at issue, I can say, speaking only for myself, that is it pure trolling. My only intentions when I make a reference to PC ducking games are to 1.) get the goats of the Friars fans who may read it and b.) bring a grin to the face of any UConn fan who appreciates such trolling.

The cringey part of all this is needing to explain the joke!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As an occasional participant in the shenanigans at issue, I can say, speaking only for myself, that is it pure trolling. My only intentions when I make a reference to PC ducking games are to 1.) get the goats of the Friars fans who may read it and b.) bring a grin to the face of any UConn fan who appreciates such trolling.

The cringey part of all this is needing to explain the joke!
Oh I get the joke. I guess it was cringey to me when I thought Hurley had declined the make-up date; now I understand it's pure trolling.

I don't enjoy (or really even understand) the PC trolling nearly as much as many here do, but I get it.

Reaction Score

Cringey and insecure? UConn fans? LOL

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Saying they ducked us is obviously unfair. But I hate that providence fans never acknowledge they missed 3 of their toughest games during this supposed great season they had.

Reaction Score
Saying they ducked us is obviously unfair. But I hate that providence fans never acknowledge they missed 3 of their toughest games during this supposed great season they had.
But they did make the sweet 16, and we failed to beat a lower ranked opponent. Again.

Sometimes the right thing to do is just tip your hat to the other guys, and do better next season. Don’t see how trying to diminish what they did last year does anything other than diminish us.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
But they did make the sweet 16, and we failed to beat a lower ranked opponent. Again.

Sometimes the right thing to do is just tip your hat to the other guys, and do better next season. Don’t see how trying to diminish what they did last year does anything other than diminish us.
And they beat us in our first home NBE opener before a crowd, which was attired with t-shirts depicting them as our annoying little brother.

Yes we were hobbled, and I think that’s why a lot of fans are upset that we didn’t get the rematch.

But dems the breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32