UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
I need a break from the Yard after this one. :)
Well, by the OP's logic......I hear that Mora makes a mean BBQ and Arch Manning is a big fan of BBQ so it sounds like they could be soul mates.

Get the donation mill running kids.

Reaction Score
EJ Warner going to the portal from Temple. I know he visited here and has a relationship with Mora. Wishful thinking the reason Zion left is because EJ is coming here. Unfortunately he put up over 3,000 yards as a freshman and then again as a sophomore, so its probably off to greener pastures in P5.

Reaction Score
Some fun QBs in the portal today:

Noah Kim-Michigan State
Hank Bachmeilr-Louisiana Tech, formerly Boise State. Grad transfer.
Gerry Bohanon (not to be confused with Gerry Raferty; man I love 'Baker Street')-South Florida
EJ Warner-Temple. Maybe Mora can work a deal with his old man to come in as an advisor to our new OC
Mitch Griffs-Wake Forest
Jacurri Brown-University of Miami
Brendan Sorsby, Indiana (Like their entire roster has jumped in the portal in the last 36 hours).

Reaction Score
Grad transfer… open season.

Most of the kids you see recently are either grad transfers or head coaching changes.
Ahh, thank you. I know the coaching change rule, did not know the same was for grad transfers.

Reaction Score
There is a hell of a lot of conjecture in this post. Do you know any of your assertions as facts or are you merely jumping to conclusions on what actually happened?
It's amazing how strong of an opinion some fans have without actually being at practice. I truly believe the coaches will play the quarterback that they think will help them win. They may be wrong...but I don't think it's favoritism. They aren't risking their career and reputation on "favoritism". Charlton may lose his job for picking Fagnano... I wouldn't think he would risk that because he personally liked Fagnano.

After seeing Turner play last year....and Roberson this year...I didn't see enough of Fagnano to know for sure he wasn't the best.

Zion seemed like a great guy and great teammate. Good luck to him on his journey!
I am just stating it how I see it, as fans we all want to believe coaches are gonna make the right decision on players who will make us win. That is not always the case though, seeing the past couple of years of us having a qb shuffle. You may be right it may not be favoritism, but it also could be. Some players will go play for a coach who they played for before, but they aren’t going to transfer to just sit on the bench. I just wanna point out that there were some qbs like Tyler Phommachanh who was fun to watch and brought some spark into the offense after a move was made at qb. We can talk about Steven Krajewski when he played against UCF and looked like the better qb but wasn’t given a fair chance to compete for the job the previous year. My assessment is just based of comparing last year to this year. The difference I see is that ZT was a true freshman who made freshmen mistakes but also gave the offense a spark because of him willing to make plays. That’s not to say Roberson does not do that, but I felt like this year we were missing that spark at qb.

Reaction Score
This is like almost every program right now.

Something like 5,000 players in the NCAA are about to hit the portal.

Brace yourselves!
Michigan State’s top 3 quarterbacks entered the portal. The whole thing is kind of nuts. Maybe they should change the rules. Everyone just shows up and pick up sides before each game.

Reaction Score
And one wonders if he even knew that when he made the decision.
Maybe when he finds out there is a shot we can re-recruit him and keep him. But I have noticed a ton of DB offers to JUCOs so maybe JM and staff new this was coming. There are a lot of holes to fill on that defense now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dammit. Just a couple days ago in another thread I said I thought Mumu was gonna have a special year in 2024. I'm kinda chuckling at the gave up no TDs thing as he should've, but he was an automatic PI in the red zone the first couple of games. He developed into a pretty damned good CB though.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
This all harkens me back to when Curt Flood was ruining MLB. I think that's where the term "flood gates" comes from.

Reaction Score
This all harkens me back to when Curt Flood was ruining MLB. I think that's where the term "flood gates" comes from.
Exactly. I remember the day that happened. I was in a local eatery and the owner said to me "that's it for me, no more baseball".

You have players you like on your team and all of the sudden they are on another team. It makes it hard to root for players. We all have our favorite teams, but it is getting harder and harder to root for players as it seems in a lot of cases, they don't care about the team, just the money and a few friends on the team.

That's one of the things I really HATE about NIL. You give a player XX amount of $$ and next year he goes to another team for more $$. It seems like wasted money to me.

I guess I'm just old fashioned.

I have nothing against the players getting money from the school for playing sports that the school is making money on, but I wish it could be the same $$ amount for every player on every team. I know it's impossible, but that's where I thought this was going when it first started.

College sports will never be the same for me.

Thank God for tailgates!!!!!

Reaction Score
Exactly. I remember the day that happened. I was in a local eatery and the owner said to me "that's it for me, no more baseball".

You have players you like on your team and all of the sudden they are on another team. It makes it hard to root for players. We all have our favorite teams, but it is getting harder and harder to root for players as it seems in a lot of cases, they don't care about the team, just the money and a few friends on the team.

That's one of the things I really HATE about NIL. You give a player XX amount of $$ and next year he goes to another team for more $$. It seems like wasted money to me.

I guess I'm just old fashioned.

I have nothing against the players getting money from the school for playing sports that the school is making money on, but I wish it could be the same $$ amount for every player on every team. I know it's impossible, but that's where I thought this was going when it first started.

College sports will never be the same for me.

Thank God for tailgates!!!!!

Not old fashioned. You’re being 100% reasonable.

Reaction Score
Now Mumu too? Didn't see that coming.. thought he played well for us on D...

Nothing like a nice pick 6 to highlight in your last game. Didn't cover up all his blunders, but maybe he needs a 3rd team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom