UConn or Purdue? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn or Purdue?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Which team has the most pressure to win the championship this year? Both are arguably the best two teams in the country. UConn is the defending champs and Purdue lost to a #16 last year but has the defending national player of the year again.
Is this a serious question? UConn has ALL the house money and came in to the season rich .

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
So basically Purdue on all levels by unanimous decision!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We don't have any pressure, nobody really expects back to back

Purdue has been historically bad over the last three years. Another early exit and they've set some record for falling far below expectations

I can't believe there's even one Purdue fan that's not concerned about this. Same coach, same mega star.......

We're riding high

Reaction Score
Purdue has all the pieces- they just need to execute in March. They have had an incredible season - but they need to make the Final Four

Reaction Score
You serious? Purdue lost to a 16 seed last year with basically the same team. A year before they lost to a 15th seed in the sweet 16 game. Year before that they lost to a 13th seed. All these losses happened in the era of the big softy. I stand by my point: Purdue sucks.
You asked "Purdue has not made it past the first weekend in how long???" And I responded.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
We don't have any pressure, nobody really expects back to back
I think there are a solid majority here that do expect it, me being one of them although not winning it all would not be as devastating as losing to a 16 seed. That's gotta hurt.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Not so sure we see that this year. Last year's team shot 32% which was 276th in the country. This year they shoot 40% and are 5th in the country
This. I don’t think people on here realize just how much emphasis they have put on their 3 point shooting this season vs the previous years. Their offense has taken the Dan Hurley 2023 step forward, while retaining their NPOY.

I get people who don’t watch a lot of Purdue just think of the 16 seed loss last year and write them off (and they have more pressure than UConn because of that) but this team they built this year is UConn level elite.

I’d still give UConn the edge in a neutral floor match-up, but Purdue is right there with UConn this year, and well clear of the rest of the field.

Reaction Score
Some of the Purdue takes in this thread are going to age really poorly. I believe we are the better team, but it's a bad idea to write them off based on last year

Reaction Score
Some of the Purdue takes in this thread are going to age really poorly. I believe we are the better team, but it's a bad idea to write them off based on last year
It’s unlikely they go out vs a 16 this year.

Reaction Score
Purdue has all the pieces- they just need to execute in March. They have had an incredible season - but they need to make the Final Four
I disagree with this. Their backcourt isnt big, very athletic, big scoreres and dont have much experience under the heat of the big lights. Backcourts win in March and if you have a small limited backcourt and you come up againt some of these super athletic backcourts with size its over. Bazz and Boat were small but they were demons defensively and were explosive scorers thats why that team was able to win the natty despite a small backcourt. Now you take those factors and then throw in a lack of depth and Purdue is cooked. I dont see them getting to the F4 yet again.

Reaction Score
Purdue has more pressure and it isn't close. If Purdue isn't listed in the thesaurus as a synonym of "choke", it should be (going back to the Keady years).

Reaction Score
Not looking past anyone come March, but we have a much wider margin for error than Purdue. We have arguably 6-7 guys that can step up and lead us in scoring. Even if 2-3 guys are off in one night we can still win. Purdue has 2 players that are the key to their whole offense and if either of those guys has an off night they’re gonna get bounced early. Sorry, but I’m not impressed with the Big 10 this year. The Mountain West will likely win more NCAA tourney games this year than the Big 10.

Reaction Score
Not ready to slam any team or conference because the tourney will make that look bad but I know one thing…we’re damn good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom