UConn (only) recruiting speculation (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) recruiting speculation (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She's the one in the portal I really want. Aside from Iriafin, should she enter. I think she'd start from day 1 and give Jana a chance to ease into the rotation...
Maybe ratchet back expectations a bit. Raegan would need to learn Geno’s system to his satisfaction. Should she transfer in, let’s give her some time to settle in

Reaction Score
After waiting for a year, maybe Jana does not want to ease into the rotation. :) However, if Beers does commit to UConn, that would solidify the post position for the next five years with three quality players at least 6'4". That should satisfy the BYers who say we need bigs.
My way of looking at it if Beers came here, is that we probably have a very good three big rotation with Raegan, Jana, and Sarah at the beginning of the season, with Aubrey being added as a very good 4th during the season.

Short of more injuries, we probably would not be dependent on Ice or Ayanna being much better than they have shown thus far. If either took a major leap forward, that would free up Sarah and/or Aubrey to play some at the 3.

I think Paige followed Kiki as well but I'm not sure she is going to enter the portal, but the scenario would pretty much be the same with her instead of Raegan, except Kiki would only be for one year. If Raegan comes, I think the other roster spot if used at all, would pretty much have to be a one year player making Chen a possibility.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My way of looking at it if Beers came here, is that we probably have a very good three big rotation with Raegan, Jana, and Sarah at the beginning of the season, with Aubrey being added as a very good 4th during the season.

Short of more injuries, we probably would not be dependent on Ice or Ayanna being much better than they have shown thus far. If either took a major leap forward, that would free up Sarah and/or Aubrey to play some at the 3.

I think Paige followed Kiki as well but I'm not sure she is going to enter the portal, but the scenario would pretty much be the same with her instead of Raegan, except Kiki would only be for one year. If Raegan comes, I think the other roster spot if used at all, would pretty much have to be a one year player making Chen a possibility.
Sarah is a 6-2 W/F, not a center.

Reaction Score
Okay, so KK and Coach Valley are both following Raegan Beers now as well.
Man, I hope we get her. She will be such a great and much needed addition in regards to height and skills. Paige, Azzi, and now Sarah are going to demand so much attention on defense, that any post player from Uconn will be living their best life down low.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

One of the three post players I mentioned in my post is Gandy Mamel. She will be here in '25 and is 6'5" now. She may get taller.

Reaction Score
more than half of the roster is following Beers now. Caroline, Paige, Kk, Ayanna, Ashlynn, Allie, Morgan, and Morgan Valley. All within the last hour
OSU has no home next year, that they want to be in anyway. WSU and OSU got left behind.

Reaction Score
Allie, Ashlynn and Morgan all just started following her. I think AP was already following as they were in the 2022 class together. They have to know something we don’t! Maybe the “internet breaking” news was Beers to UConn.
So we're thinking that Beers might go from the late lamented Pac-12 to the BE? I don't mean to be negative, but it seems more logical for her to transfer to one of the P4 conferences. I don't want to get my hopes up.

I really hate what conference realignment has done to WBB over the years.

Reaction Score
So we're thinking that Beers might go from the late lamented Pac-12 to the BE? I don't mean to be negative, but it seems more logical for her to transfer to one of the P4 conferences. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Dorka left the Big 10 for the Big East and it worked out pretty well for her

Reaction Score

Logical how? UConn, without the strength of a “P4” conference, is near the top of the SOS rankings every year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
True, but Dorka didn't come from a team that suddenly found itself essentially homeless. I really feel for the OSU team and fans, they must be feeling about how UConn fans did when we ended up in the AAC.
Oregon State fans could only dream about feeling how UConn fans felt after the 2012-2013 season. UConn's roster upon joining the AAC included Stewart, Jefferson, Tuck, KML, Hartley, Dolson, Stokes, Chong. No player left UConn because of the AAC. UConn went on to win 3 straight national championships as a member of the AAC.

The circumstances are not remotely similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom