UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder what takes Beers so long...UConn seems like a perfect fit for her: A championship contender (top 4 without her and top 2 with her), Needs a center (While Yana most probably will be great, she never played a College game), Best preparation for the WNBA (as proven time and time again with how the UConn players are ready for the WNBA), being able to play with great outside shooters (Paige, Azzi, Ash, Allie, Strong, etc.) that will not permit other teams to double team her and let her do her magic, and a team led by probably the most humble superstar in the game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Jeepers. First Saylor now Mir. It seems like Mir’s been a college student forever

07BCA08C-0891-47F5-AEAB-65F4C6921107.jpeg

Reaction Score
Seems like most UConn transfers (out) can’t stay put after leaving. Mir was a favorite of mine, crazy athleticism. Hope she uses her final two years somewhere she can shine.
She would’ve shined at UVA… up and coming team!

Reaction Score
I wonder what takes Beers so long...UConn seems like a perfect fit for her: A championship contender (top 4 without her and top 2 with her), Needs a center (While Yana most probably will be great, she never played a College game), Best preparation for the WNBA (as proven time and time again with how the UConn players are ready for the WNBA), being able to play with great outside shooters (Paige, Azzi, Ash, Allie, Strong, etc.) that will not permit other teams to double team her and let her do her magic, and a team led by probably the most humble superstar in the game.

Beers may want to take an official visit first. We haven't heard that she's made any visits, just that she's following players and coaches on UConn.

Reaction Score
I suspect Mir has probably fulfilled her undergraduate course requirements and has graduated from UVA. Depending on her ambitions, this transfer may be more about a graduate degree program than it is about UVA and the team there.

Reaction Score
Could "Yana" be Ayanna Paterson? But Ms. Patterson had played in many games. Ms. El Alry is "Jana" and she
has " never played a College game". With all the nicknames and similarities of "sound alike" names one almost
needs a scorecard! I agree with you dtbtbtb: Ms. Beers will be a great addition. Come to Storrs, Raegan! (that's
another name with many future typos!!) Go Huskies!
I've meant Jana

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Seems like most UConn transfers (out) can’t stay put after leaving. Mir was a favorite of mine, crazy athleticism. Hope she uses her final two years somewhere she can shine.

UConn (only) recruiting (only) speculation​

?

Reaction Score
If she did commit, because it all seemed to happen so quickly, I would imagine they are putting off the announcement so Aaliyah and Nika can have their moment with the draft. No other distractions needed

Reaction Score
Looks like Kiki Iriafen has recently followed Lindsey Gottlieb (USC’s coach) on Instagram. I think Kiki will go to USC or UCLA, so not a good sign.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to be patient and think that the public relations folks are putting the press releases in order and giving space between them so everything gets their spotlight. They've so far perfectly timed out each thing from the transfers out, wnba drafting, the men's parade, Geno's award naming, and hopefully portal selections soon. PR people love this sort of spacing to keep their client in the news and people talking.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
AI written narrative.
Yes, or the guy reads the Boneyard.

”The Huskies historically like to play small ball” :rolleyes: No, the Huskies have been forced to play small ball due to injuries. Has this guy never heard of Kara Wolters, Jess Moore, Kelly Schumacher, Christine Rigby, Brittany Hunter, Tina Charles, Kiah Stokes, Breanna Stewart, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, et al?

Reaction Score

”The Huskies historically like to play small ball” :rolleyes: No, the Huskies have been forced to play small ball due to injuries. Has this guy never heard of Kara Wolters, Jess Moore, Kelly Schumacher, Christine Rigby, Brittany Hunter, Tina Charles, Kiah Stokes, Breanna Stewart, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, et

”The Huskies historically like to play small ball” :rolleyes: No, the Huskies have been forced to play small ball due to injuries. Has this guy never heard of Kara Wolters, Jess Moore, Kelly Schumacher, Christine Rigby, Brittany Hunter, Tina Charles, Kiah Stokes, Breanna Stewart, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, et al?
Et al = Juhasz, Stevens, Dolson or some other player that’s in the hall of fame and a commentator for ESPN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

AI stuff has a certain rhythm, flow, and structure to it. That video narration squarely adhered to it.

Reaction Score
I have been saying it since she entered the portal... Weimer. Sure, Beers would be a HUGE addition and a superior option to Weimer, but Weimer has had college experience albeit in the Patriot League vs. Jana who hasn't played a minute yet. I'd be fairly comfortable with the two of them sharing the post, backed up as needed by Ice or Ayanna.

Of the 5 names, only Beers is a safe bet. The other 4 each have questions marks, but we play the odds that 1 or 2 of them find their mojo this season.

Reaction Score
Looks like Kiki Iriafen has recently followed Lindsey Gottlieb (USC’s coach) on Instagram. I think Kiki will go to USC or UCLA, so not a good sign.
You might be right, but if we could land Beers first, I wonder if Kiki would consider making it a package deal and joining her. Beers is a 5 and Kiki may prefer to play the 4 anyway. Imagine those two with Paige, Azzi and Sarah as the other starters. Both of those players can turn a team they go to into a legitimate contender.

If they both went to Uconn they would be clear cut favorites. Not saying it is likely but there is some logic to it. Once you have Beers with two years left, the criteria for a second addition is a one year player. The best one year player is Iriafen who plays a different position from Beers. If they both want to maximize their chance at a championship, I think they should talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom