UConn not in Albany? Portland bracket here (merged) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn not in Albany? Portland bracket here (merged)

Reaction Score
They haven’t both shown up in a big game this year. Paige fades to the background against the better teams this year so I don’t see it with them. Not Georgia Amoore m/Liz Kitley level or Clark/Cizano level duo that can take their teams far unfortunately. I think our ceiling is pretty low.
I think the Paige criticism is a little unfair. Most of the big games you reference were early in the season when Paige was still getting back into the game she hadn't played in a year and a half.

Reaction Score
Just saw the Athletic bracket and they had Arizona beating Syracuse. Ultimate revenge bracket for our seniors: Arizona, Ohio State, South Carolina in the championship. Talk about a revenge tour.

I will agree with some that Syracuse is pretty good. They are not just a one woman team. They have some talent so it will be a hard matchup. I just hope the home crowd will be enough.

Then if we are lucky enough to make the elite 8 and face juju. USC may have more losses than us or about the same. Definitely beatable but they do have grit. They win close games and their ivy League players all step up in key moments. Not mad at the draw at all.

Reaction Score
I think it was the consolation prize to the arena for moving UConn across the country.
I agree, and more importantly I think that they knew UConn fans already bought tickets in Albany and that Clark fans would buy the rest. It's a win win for the NCAA. Albany was already low on tickets (Easter Sunday had the most available) and prices on Ticketmaster are crazy right now.

Reaction Score
Yes, if UCONN wins the first round, then Syracuse is the potential second round matchup. And it is indeed scary to think that they beat ND twice, while UConn lost to them (ND) in the game played in Storrs. However, had Nika not been in foul trouble, I believe the Huskies would've won that game. At one point they were up by 12 points, and while Notre Dame's point guard, Hidalgo, played well in the first half, she whipped the Huskies' butt when Nika fouled out. During one timeout, I vividly remember reading Niele Ivey's lips when she told her team to "Stay on 5......." So with Nika out of the game, and "5" (Paige) being bodied up, Hidalgo was free to do her thing. It was beautiful to see, but I didn't want that show against my favorite team.
Anyway, "experience teaches wisdom", so I will continue to have faith in this group of Huskies. Go UConn!! Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
I understand, but there is always a risk. That’s why I choose not to buy tickets early. Hope you can go and see some great women’s basketball or sell them and make some $$.
All session pass is $400 for the cheap seats, box office tickets were only $150 but sell out fast. If people don't get them early, many are priced out. Ticketmaster is now at least double the price for each seat, some more so.

Reaction Score
How many UCONN folks here would love to see a another Carolina vs IOWA matchup in the final four? I'll be pulling for UCONN in the other brackets.
I would love to see this matchup because:
1) Both teams have lost impactful players from last year
2) Both teams have been playing well and earned the rankings they have
3) Both teams have been rightfully discussed, and talked about by various WCBB experts
4) Personally, it would be a great matchup, and a great game for "growing" the women's game!

TAK

Moved to the right state for women's basketball.
Reaction Score
Without UConn for the second year in a row is disappointing but we‘ll see some really good teams and maybe get to see Caitlin in person. We have been to Albany many times to visit my wife’s relatives. They’re all in the same cemetery.
We’ll go spend a few hours at Stickley’s looking at furniture too rich for us. Maybe go to the Cheesecake Factory for a 4,000 calorie meal. We used to go to Grandma’s but they closed and then we found the Latham Diner. Who says there’s nothing to do in Albany!
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in Troy is very good and very filling.

Reaction Score
By the way, I sold all 4 Albany sessions in a matter of minutes. Maybe I priced them too cheap? It does sooth the hurt a little bit about Portland
Yes you sold them too cheap. I wish I was able to get tickets in the lower bowl, some are listed over a thousand.... TicketMaster is cheaper and has more tickets than Seat Geek. It took me hours to figure out how to list them on TicketMaster.

Reaction Score
I have six all session tickets. I decided not to resell them and leave them as empty seats. Imagine if all UConn fans who bought Albany tickets did that. The Albany games would be played in from of half empty seats. I am happier with the Portland draw -- I just wanted that draw in Albany. :D
Paid almost $800 for 4 tix…took about 2 minutes to sell on stub hub.

Reaction Score
Folks seem to be taking it for granted that we will be playing Syracuse in the second round,
but Arizona and Auburn are pretty good teams. Auburn has wins over LSU and Wazzu, and
Arizona beat Utah, had a one point loss to Colorado, and had double overtime losses to
Oregon State and USC.

I would agree that Syracuse is probably better than either Auburn or Arizona, but they'll
have to bring their A game if they want to advance to the second round.

Reaction Score
Folks seem to be taking it for granted that we will be playing Syracuse in the second round,
but Arizona and Auburn are pretty good teams. Auburn has wins over LSU and Wazzu, and
Arizona beat Utah, had a one point loss to Colorado, and had double overtime losses to
Oregon State and USC.

I would agree that Syracuse is probably better than either Auburn or Arizona, but they'll
have to bring their A game if they want to advance to the second round.
I won't be surprised to see either Arizona or Auburn upset Syracuse. For Arizona, Jada Williams is fiery, and her high school teammate, Breya Cunningham, is an excellent post player.

Reaction Score
Please use the General board to discuss non-UConn teams
oopppsss sorry....someone responded and I responded back. I did not notice I was on the wrong board.

10000000000 lashes to me...

Reaction Score
Having seen Syracuse play a lot this year, although they are a good team, I will say that they tend to play much better at home versus on the road. Yes, they did beat Notre Dame twice, and that does make me nervous, but I will say that Syracuse has also had some really ugly games and a few ugly losses. They have a tendency to go really cold, not unlike UConn, but they don’t have quite the same smothering defense that UConn does.

Syracuse plays very tough, but if you can beat them at the rebounding game, and also double team Fair, then that helps a lot. Syracuse won’t have any height advantage on UConn but the Orange do play scrappy/physical (not dirty) so you can definitely beat them by getting to the line a lot.

Reaction Score
Vegas just posted the early line on UCONN vs. Jackson State.
UCONN (-33.5)
The over/ under point total is: 135.5
It has already gone up to UCONN (-34.5).
The spread will probably increase dring the week. UCONN is always a popular wager in Vegas & their pointspread gets inflated.

Reaction Score
I'm so annoyed right now. I would have never bought Albany tickets if I'd known. Ugh, the last thing I wanted to do was have to watch LSU, SC, Iowa ...
You can at least make some money selling them although I understand the disappointment as I have tickets as well. The Caitlin effect has prices soaring. Enough to cover airfare to Portland?

Reaction Score
Our defense is solid and are a swarming mass of mad hornets. If we can hit our 3's...and I mean at least 4 of us, We can beat anybody.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Was anyone else annoyed that the announcer kept referring to All-bany as Al-bany? :rolleyes:
Yes. I watched the show in Syracuse while with my daughter’s family. Eye rolls all around. And as someone else mentioned, that was followed up by butchering Holy Cross.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Did UConn win the secret scrimmage vs Syracuse before the season? Anyone know?

Reaction Score
Without UConn for the second year in a row is disappointing but we‘ll see some really good teams and maybe get to see Caitlin in person. We have been to Albany many times to visit my wife’s relatives. They’re all in the same cemetery.
We’ll go spend a few hours at Stickley’s looking at furniture too rich for us. Maybe go to the Cheesecake Factory for a 4,000 calorie meal. We used to go to Grandma’s but they closed and then we found the Latham Diner. Who says there’s nothing to do in Albany!
Delmonico's has great steak and Italian food. Lake George is a nice drive from Albany. Lots to do if you look for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom