Uconn-ND pregame interview | The Boneyard

Uconn-ND pregame interview

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I feel like Geno showed great restraint by not knocking that Fox 61 mic out of his face — any closer and he could have taken a bite out of it.

Last edited:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Great interviews!! As always it is a pleasure to see the Alumnus come back, and assist with the team. I would have loved to see #33 pretending to be #33 of Notre Dame. Aubrey lit up when she was talking about Lou, and how she was helping her. That's what it is all about....Huskies helping Huskies. What an amazing culture UConn has.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I particularly liked Geno's comments on Aubrey and how sometimes being the daughter of athletes could get in the way but not in this case.

To paraphrase, her family is normal, Aubrey is normal. She is a pleasure to coach. She has an innocence about her.

Clearly an interesting contrast to Anna (our stubborn Sveta #2)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou’s presence at practice, working with Aubrey it appears, got me thinking about her role on last year’s team. In addition to her great play, she adopted the role of coach on the floor and particularly on the sideline. There were games when Geno would sit back and relax, while Lou paced up and down the sidelines shouting instructions to the team. On occasion, Geno would let Lou run the team huddle during time outs.

Lou has always been one of the smartest basketball players I’ve ever seen play. She appears to have a strong inclination to coach some day. IMO Lou would be an outstanding basketball coach if she chooses to follow that path once her playing days are done.

Reaction Score
I don’t remember her pacing the sideline like a coach which games was that happening

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t remember her pacing the sideline like a coach which games was that happening
I’d have to go back and look at the game films to tell you which games, but I do recall at least one game when Lou wandered so far up the floor shouting instructions to her teammates that I was worried she would get T’d up for being outside the coaching box.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom