UConn - NCSt double title game !!!!! | The Boneyard

UConn - NCSt double title game !!!!!

Reaction Score
Unlikely. But - the Wolfpack had a less than 0.1% chance of being in the final four 9 games ago on the men’s side. Most “experts” left the lady Pack for dead when they lost a couple road games to rivals at season’s end. And with almost 0 help from “bracket luck” - here we are in the final four!

It’s much more likely at this stage to get State/Uconn in both than it was for State to have even gotten here from 2 weeks ago.

I’d love that story line!

Now a fun game … if it happened and you had to split the glory - which trophy do you prefer to hoist? Mens, to be back to back? Or women’s to get the first in nearly a decade ?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Unlikely. But - the Wolfpack had a less than 0.1% chance of being in the final four 9 games ago on the men’s side. Most “experts” left the lady Pack for dead when they lost a couple road games to rivals at season’s end. And with almost 0 help from “bracket luck” - here we are in the final four!

It’s much more likely at this stage to get State/Uconn in both than it was for State to have even gotten here from 2 weeks ago.

I’d love that story line!

Now a fun game … if it happened and you had to split the glory - which trophy do you prefer to hoist? Mens, to be back to back? Or women’s to get the first in nearly a decade ?
For me...the women's title is more important. The men have two national titles in their past. NC State is a storied program in WCBB but despite all the high-profile wins and lofty rankings over the years, high-level success has largely eluded the Wolfpack Women. We may never get to this point again. It's now or never.

Reaction Score
Yeah idk. I’m 40. I missed out on the mens success. I grew up going to all the men’s games and football games with my dad and uncle and brother. I’ve always followed the women and kept up with their season, watched on tv - and then really got hooked here in the last handful of years.

I’ve had season tickets to the women for the last few seasons and make it out to the watch the men once or twice a year, but obviously watch all the games on tv and follow it all closely. I’m not sure where I fall on the “if you can win one and only one” this year thing.

Part of me thinks the opposite of you and feels like our men have been so mediocre or poor for so long that this may be the only chance. Meanwhile Wes has had the women in the elite 8 twice in the last 3 years now. The sweet 16 5 out the last 6 I believe. We should have quite the nucleus returning next season, we have reeled in the 2 highest rated recruits in our program’s history back to back years now … the women getting back here seems more likely than the men.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah idk. I’m 40. I missed out on the mens success. I grew up going to all the men’s games and football games with my dad and uncle and brother. I’ve always followed the women and kept up with their season, watched on tv - and then really got hooked here in the last handful of years.

I’ve had season tickets to the women for the last few seasons and make it out to the watch the men once or twice a year, but obviously watch all the games on tv and follow it all closely. I’m not sure where I fall on the “if you can win one and only one” this year thing.

Part of me thinks the opposite of you and feels like our men have been so mediocre or poor for so long that this may be the only chance. Meanwhile Wes has had the women in the elite 8 twice in the last 3 years now. The sweet 16 5 out the last 6 I believe. We should have quite the nucleus returning next season, we have reeled in the 2 highest rated recruits in our program’s history back to back years now … the women getting back here seems more likely than the men.

So basically Sunday was the greatest day in your life. Don't know if you have any kids or are married but I gotta assume NC State athletics are more important than children and marriage.

Reaction Score
So basically Sunday was the greatest day in your life. Don't know if you have any kids or are married but I gotta assume NC State athletics are more important than children and marriage.
Pretty much. I told my wife (who cares nothing about sports) after State beat UNC for the ACC title that it was the 4th best day of my life behind marriage and the birth of my 2 kids.

But let’s be real. Kids are great, but spending the day in a hospital (Duke no less) and dealing with nurses and doctors and getting very little sleep … we can bump the ACC title day up to 2nd.

Although, Sunday may have topped it. Men and women back to back wins to put them in the Final Four. I was 14 when the women made it, never seen the men do it. Yeah, considering the audience on this board being UConn fans im sure this all sounds ridiculous with as much as they win - but these last 2 weeks have been a magic carpet ride like nothing I’ve ever experienced. All the heart break and losing makes this incredibly fun. Soaking it all in because who knows if this ever comes around again.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Pretty much. I told my wife (who cares nothing about sports) after State beat UNC for the ACC title that it was the 4th best day of my life behind marriage and the birth of my 2 kids.

But let’s be real. Kids are great, but spending the day in a hospital (Duke no less) and dealing with nurses and doctors and getting very little sleep … we can bump the ACC title day up to 2nd.

Although, Sunday may have topped it. Men and women back to back wins to put them in the Final Four. I was 14 when the women made it, never seen the men do it. Yeah, considering the audience on this board being UConn fans im sure this all sounds ridiculous with as much as they win - but these last 2 weeks have been a magic carpet ride like nothing I’ve ever experienced. All the heart break and losing makes this incredibly fun. Soaking it all in because who knows if this ever comes around again.

Well having a wife and having kids costs money. Sunday was free :D

Reaction Score

Dont you have 3 kids? :)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'll bet you checked over your shoulder before you typed that though.;)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
That's like asking us to pick our favorite child.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom