UConn Lacrosse | The Boneyard

UConn Lacrosse

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
#24 UConn defeated #19 Marquette in a wild Big East semifinal matchup in Storrs. Huskies led 15-8 late in the 3rd period and Marquette scored 7 straight goals to tie it up at 15. UConn held on to win 17-16.

UConn should enjoy today as tomorrow they'll likely face #5 Denver in the BE finals. Needless to say, Denver is really good.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Correction: the championship game is Sunday. UConn plays the winner of Denver/Villanova.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Denver in Big East Final?
Various conferences have members in only one sport, because their conference does not offer a particular sport. The Big East has had a few in various sports over the years.

Lacrosse is very much historically an eastern sport (so is field hockey, for that matter). The PAC where I am now sponsors the sport for women, although only 6 schools field teams, but the only men's team (Utah) is an independent. That is the other option in non-sponsored sports.

As another example, there is a conference called MPFS - Mountain Pacific Sports Federation - where some PAC teams participate in sports not sponsored by the PAC. For example on the women's side, Water Polo and Indoor Track and Field.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Other than knowing what Lacrosse is, I don’t know the rules at all. But I have to learn. One of my granddaughters was just elevated from JV to varsity for her hs team. She is a freshman, pretty new to the sport. Some of her games might fit my schedule about an hour from me.

UConn sports are overall in a golden era of success. Hopefully soccer can get back to what it was.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
On TV Saturday:

for Big East title: Denver/Georgetown...4:30...CBSSN.

Are there at-large teams added to the NCAA tourney? If so...does
UConn have a realistic shot at a bid?

Reaction Score
Other than knowing what Lacrosse is, I don’t know the rules at all. But I have to learn. One of my granddaughters was just elevated from JV to varsity for her hs team. She is a freshman, pretty new to the sport. Some of her games might fit my schedule about an hour from me.

Note that the rules for girls lacrosse are VERY different from those for boys lacrosse.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Note that the rules for girls lacrosse are VERY different from those for boys lacrosse.
For the life of me I will never understand why a missed shot on goal that goes past the end line stays with the team that took the shot. I use to watch college lacrosse but just not get past that.
Now to swerve back to the OP. Good luck on Sunday.

Reaction Score
For the life of me I will never understand why a missed shot on goal that goes past the end line stays with the team that took the shot. I use to watch college lacrosse but just not get past that.
Now to swerve back to the OP. Good luck on Sunday.
Closest to the ball when it goes out of bounds.

Reaction Score
Closest to the ball when it goes out of bounds.

Yes. And just to clarify for people who do not follow lacrosse, that is only the case if it is a shot. If it is an errant pass or a ball that’s knocked off someone’s stick or a ball that is dropped etc, then the ball goes to the opposite team of whoever last touched the ball.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Long long ago when I was at Cornell I became a spectator for a while because Ned Harkness, the coach of our NC hockey team took over lacrosse. Had some trouble with the rules but enjoyed the action. He brought several hockey players onto the team. One of them developed a wicked skip shot that confounded goalies. Nobody could tell what happened until the refs hand went up.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Denver is one of the best teams in the country.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Who is our first opponent? Day and time?

Congratulations....great to see the joy!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, well, well…both BC and ND in the Huskies’ way. Go get ‘em, ladies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom