2020 Recruiting: - UConn in for Andre Jackson | Page 22 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: UConn in for Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
but that might be taking just a fewwww too many liberties with the truth of their history.
1569885547909.png

C

Chief00

I kind of respect that. Probably a mix of taking ownership of his pick even though he probably was right at the time, but also some pettiness to not pick UConn since I don't think he ever made the switch on Akok either. The rivalry is alive and well. I like it.
Gets Chief’s juices going - love having that edge to things

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Everybody’s an insider.

Psst. My Daughter went to Albany Academy. (Andre goes to Albany Academy for BOYS).

I think if you honestly look at the two programs 6-5 & 6-6 & 6-7 wings ... this is about Defense. And feel for the coaching staff & fit. And if our Coaches are putting us over - hoorah.

Since I fundamentally hate the city of Syracuse (except the original Dinosaur), I cant see why you’d drive west on 90 rather than east. I’m excited about our incoming.

Their board is convinced it’s all about more playing time here. Saying we have no SF except Sid and they are loaded. One guy said Jackson would be a one and done here. Delusional. I’m happy he seems to be coming here, but he has a similar recruiting rating to Sid who will be a junior +. Sid may not make a leap and learn to shoot. I don’t know. But I think the staff and style of play are 90% of why Andre would choose us.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
First you reveal the secret behind my bridge jumping orange and now this?

You good, PJ?

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Yup, I'm sure this recruitment is gonna hinge on some Syracuse fans influencing a kid to make an ego-maniac UConn fan look bad. Congrats Chief, you've outdone yourself yet again.
Poe’s law. Chill.

Reaction Score
You losers are now talking about where he announces and about attendees feeling potentially disrespected by his decision

And believe me, beating out Cuse for anything feels good. But this is a barely-top-100 recruit we’re going nuts over.

Last edited:

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
You losers are now talking about where he announces and about attendees feeling potentially disrespected by his decision

And believe me, beating out Cuse for anything feels good. But this is a barely-top-100 recruit we’re going nuts over.
Look, we haven't had a lot of wins around here the last few years so let them enjoy it. A little petty gloating can be fun

Reaction Score
One thing I have noticed over at Syracuse’s board is that their thread they use to mock us has been really quiet the past week....

Who is laughing now???

Reaction Score

He was ranked in the 30's before the summer. I happen to love the kid's game but if you're not excited about him that's fine.

Reaction Score
He was ranked in the 30's before the summer. I happen to love the kid's game but if you're not excited about him that's fine.
Frankly I haven’t watched his game or overall development/recruitment at all. Surprising to read that he was in the 30s. 247 just has him at 97 or something now and that’s all I really go off of

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Frankly I haven’t watched his game or overall development/recruitment at all. Surprising to read that he was in the 30s. 247 just has him at 97 or something now and that’s all I really go off of
I’m more into Moore, Hunter, Young and some guy named Hurley myself.

Reaction Score
Like others have said, if he can even develop an inconsistent jumper, he could be an early entry caliber player

Reaction Score
Unbelievable athlete, can play some point forward because of his handle and vision but needs a ton of work on shot. Really good rebounder and shot blocker too because of his freakish athleticism.

Don't know why he dropped this summer, maybe because of his shooting (only hit half his ft's, yikes) but averaged 15 pts and 7 rebs with a lot of blocks and steals.

Reaction Score
ESPN's scouting report from one of the Draft Express guys that caught Jackson at the 2018 Albert Schweitzer Tournament in Germany:
Andre Jackson | 6-6 small forward | USA
The 16-year-old, explosive athlete stood out as USA's best long-term prospect. Jackson is a pogo-stick leaper with a relentless motor and an excellent feel for the game despite severe limitations as a shooter. Despite a wiry frame and average length, Jackson dominated the glass playing while putting constant pressure on the rim in transition, pushing tempo with a strong first step and providing a handful of highlight dunks. The class of 2020 prospect should see his recruitment explode this spring.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable athlete, can play some point forward because of his handle and vision but needs a ton of work on shot. Really good rebounder and shot blocker too because of his freakish athleticism.

Don't know why he dropped this summer, maybe because of his shooting (only hit half his ft's, yikes) but averaged 15 pts and 7 rebs with a lot of blocks and steals.

0.4 BPG in eybl. Steals numbers were terrific though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr