Men - UConn @ Georgetown Hoyas @Capital One Park (Friday 4/19/24 @6p, Saturday 4/20/24 @4p & Sunday 4/21/24 @11:30). Streamed on MuscoVision/Mixlr | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @ Georgetown Hoyas @Capital One Park (Friday 4/19/24 @6p, Saturday 4/20/24 @4p & Sunday 4/21/24 @11:30). Streamed on MuscoVision/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure I can remember a kid doing as drastic a 180 from one year to next. He was horrific at times last year and now is pitching to be drafted. Amazing and tribute to kid to stick with it since when he throws strikes man…he has the stuff

Reaction Score
I have been thinking Quinn might be a fit for the rotation next year but the more he shows I am starting to wonder where he is on the draft radar. Big lefties with that kind of stuff are always in demand
I’m not sure why he hasn’t been in the rotation yet. Being left handed, he’s the most talented arm they have in addition to that. Aftim’s talent is legit as well.

Any idea why Quinn didn’t start the 7th when they got the lead? I would think that getting 3 innings out of Quinn/Aftim on a Fri night conference game would be reasonable. It worked out but those 2 guys are their best even though I know Cinnella has been very good all year.

Reaction Score
I have been thinking Quinn might be a fit for the rotation next year but the more he shows I am starting to wonder where he is on the draft radar. Big lefties with that kind of stuff are always in demand
I kinda feel if both Quinn and Aftim end up leaving for draft purposes, Uconn might not have gotten the most out of these guys. I know for them personally and the program as a whole, is positive, but on the field and wins/losses they haven’t pitched that much to date. Quinn’s innings are on the climb though.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why he hasn’t been in the rotation yet. Being left handed, he’s the most talented arm they have in addition to that. Aftim’s talent is legit as well.

Any idea why Quinn didn’t start the 7th when they got the lead? I would think that getting 3 innings out of Quinn/Aftim on a Fri night conference game would be reasonable. It worked out but those 2 guys are their best even though I know Cinnella has been very good all year.
Penders mentioned Afthim wasn’t available. Why? Not sure

Reaction Score
Penders mentioned Afthim wasn’t available. Why? Not sure
When did he mention that? I just heard that on his postgame interview. Maybe Chris Jones mentioned it during the portion of the broadcast that was really muffled and poor audio. Either way they got the win. If it’s injury related, the basic available or not reporting is horrendous on a game to game basis.

Reaction Score
Stocks got to be rising. Strikeout rate is ridiculous. He dominated the top of that Georgetown order. Ficca doesn’t strike out and Quinn made it look easy

Reaction Score
When did he mention that? I just heard that on his postgame interview. Maybe Chris Jones mentioned it during the portion of the broadcast that was really muffled and poor audio. Either way they got the win. If it’s injury related, the basic available or not reporting is horrendous on a game to game basis.
Post game interview

Reaction Score
Post game interview
Ok that’s when I heard it…some 12 hours after the game. That does nobody any good knowing afterwards. If it was mentioned elsewhere, I didn’t hear it. Otherwise, I would hope they can count on 3 innings by Quinn/Aftim on a Fri night.

Reaction Score
Ok that’s when I heard it…some 12 hours after the game. That does nobody any good knowing afterwards. If it was mentioned elsewhere, I didn’t hear it. Otherwise, I would hope they can count on 3 innings by Quinn/Aftim on a Fri night.
Might be strategic to not tell the opponent that your closer is not available ahead of time also. It worked out that the 9th inning was big lefty on lefty matchups

Reaction Score
Might be strategic to not tell the opponent that your closer is not available ahead of time also. It worked out that the 9th inning was big lefty on lefty matchups
Lol ok. You must work for the cia with that deep layered thinking.

Reaction Score
So instead of discussing keeping "it" secret, do we know how long he's unavailable for? It's not like our pitching is deep enough to lose any arm that we think we can count on.

Reaction Score

This is the best Georgetown team that Coach Penders has ever seen. Afthim was not available to pitch last night according to Coach Penders, we don't know why. But perhaps he will be available to pitch during the rest of the series, hopefully he will be.

Reaction Score

Chris Jones did not mention it during the game broadcast last night. He did mention Afthim a time or two during the game, but in such a way that I would guess that he did not know that Afthim was not available to pitch last night.

Reaction Score
So instead of discussing keeping "it" secret, do we know how long he's unavailable for? It's not like our pitching is deep enough to lose any arm that we think we can count on.
Exactly. Not asking for the player’s medicals, just want to be informed (generally speaking as a fan interested in game management and the “thinking man’s adage that baseball used to be) whether or not a player is available. It’s too much to ask for some sort of timetable of absence. I followed from the 7th inng on under an entirely different premise of how/why Quinn wasn’t used as soon as they took the lead top of the 7th. It makes sense now but it changed a lot. I’m glad they win but this “collegiate athlete privacy protection or gamesmanship” is BS. If this were postseason, maybe I could look differently at it.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Can Big East baseball get together and decide on one television provider for crying out loud? What the heck is MuscoVision? Why do I have to pay for a different service every time a want to watch a game. The Big East is a clusterfunk.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’m going w/ sketchy chicken wings from the 7-11 near the team hotel.
Or gas station sushi.

IMG_3071.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member