UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker | Page 25 | The Boneyard

UConn Freshmen/Commits: C. Collier, Coombs, AEH, Gordon, Walker

Reaction Score
Hey Blake!
Andra and Ossining play at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy this Friday at 1:15! They play Our Lady of Lourdes of Poughkeepsie. They played in December and Andra scored 51 points in a 20 point Ossining win. That said, the game was single digits at half time and Ossining pulled away in the third quarter. Lourdes seems confident and Ossining's coach is cautioning this could be a tough game. Hope we get a nice UConn turnout!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Monacan's next game is the Virginia quarterfinals on Thursday at 2:30. I was planning on going, hoping that the game would be in Richmond. But, alas, the next 2 rounds are in Salem, near Roanoke, which is twice as far (4 hours each way). The championship game will be in Richmond on March 10, but I will be away then. Darn!!

I might try to go to the Jordan brand game instead.

Reaction Score

Charli C moves so well for a 6'5" post player.........she looks to have trimmed down too..............getting ready for those UConn practices a year early..........and only a junior so there's more to come..............

Reaction Score
Max Preps now has the Ossining game with Lourdes down as this Thursday night at 8:15. Let me call Ossining on this as I can assure you yesterday Max Preps had it down as Friday. I also want to confirm it is in fact at Hudson Valley CC as on their website they have the women's games starting on Friday. Sorry for the confusion.

Reaction Score
Okay, my bad! Ossining is playing downstate Thursday night at the Westchester County Center at 8:15. We'll have to wait a little longer for Andra in Troy.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
There are some UIL games scheduled for television this weekend. I hope Collier's team makes it far enough for its game to be televised.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/28

Wesleyan cruised 63-31 on Tuesday to reach the state semi-finals.

Mikayla Coombs led the way with 23 points.

Wesleyan was led by senior guard Mikayla Coombs, who scored 16 of her 23 points in the first half. Coombs also finished the game with six rebounds and five steals.

“The great thing about Mikayla is that she forgets about the last shot and moves on to the next one,” Azar said. “She plays really hard. She’s a great teammate, passes the ball real well and can score it, too, when we need her to.”

Reaction Score
Complete Coombs line:

23 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals
I've just got a feeling about this kid. A little under the radar coming in with Walker, similar to Collier coming in with KLS and I've got a hunch that she's physically and mentally tough.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've just got a feeling about this kid. A little under the radar coming in with Walker, similar to Collier coming in with KLS and I've got a hunch that she's physically and mentally tough.
She's uber quick, something like a shorter version of Tiffany Hayes or Kalana Greene.

Reaction Score
Charli reminds me of Akeem. Megan reminds me of Magic. Crystal Dangerfield reminds me of Norm Nixon. Lou reminds me of World B Free. Lol. They all remind us of someone other then themselves lol. Good grief. SMH

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Charli reminds me of Akeem. Megan reminds me of Magic. Crystal Dangerfield reminds me of Norm Nixon. Lou reminds me of World B Free. Lol. They all remind us of someone other then themselves lol. Good grief. SMH
Crystal Dangerfield reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard. :D

Reaction Score
Monacan's next game is the Virginia quarterfinals on Thursday at 2:30. I was planning on going, hoping that the game would be in Richmond. But, alas, the next 2 rounds are in Salem, near Roanoke, which is twice as far (4 hours each way). The championship game will be in Richmond on March 10, but I will be away then. Darn!!

I might try to go to the Jordan brand game instead.
Salem--VA hospital there, as well as Richmond--but they sent me to Martinsburg, Wva. I live 2 hours from Ronoake and 2 from Richmond---specifically where in Richmond is the Championship??

Reaction Score
[eQUOTE="Gus Mahler, post: 2071084, member: 6072"]Crystal Dangerfield reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard. :D[/QUOTE]

Where did she play Basketball/?/ With a name like that--she'd be a knock out..
Danger with those arms--and speed--may have given Sugar Ray a run for his money.

Reaction Score
She's not at that level--yet--but she reminds me a little of Brit Hunter with her face-up game. Geno, CD, and Marissa will make Charli into a great player.

Any one that reminds you of Britany Hunter---has to be exceptional. Ms Hunter was so good--GENO allowed her to say when and how long she'd play---which says 2 things--Hunter was very good and Geno while intelligent in her usage, was compassionate.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Any one that reminds you of Britany Hunter---has to be exceptional. Ms Hunter was so good--GENO allowed her to say when and how long she'd play---which says 2 things--Hunter was very good and Geno while intelligent in her usage, was compassionate.

If she had not been so severely injured, what might have been. When she could play Brittany brought moves and speed to the low post that were singular.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If she had not been so severely injured, what might have been. When she could play Brittany brought moves and speed to the low post that were singular.
I'm pretty sure Brit would have been on at least one Olympic team, maybe two or three.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom