UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Jasaiah Gathings is a 6-2 190lb WR from Statesville, North Carolina attending Akron University (Transfer Portal w/ three years of eligibility remaining). Other offer from Ball State.

Reaction Score

Jasaiah Gathings is a 6-2 190lb WR from Statesville, North Carolina attending Akron University (Transfer Portal w/ three years of eligibility remaining). Other offer from Ball State.

Player to be named later in the Dayne Shor trade!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Durell Robinson is a 6-1 205lb RB from Seat Pleasant, Maryland attending Charlotte (Transfer Portal with four years of eligibility remaining)

Really excited for this kid. Got the resume from HS too. Before anyone jumps on that comment, he was an UA All American and is only a year, I believe, removed from HS. So he has some legit skill.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score

Now we're seeing why Cam headed out....sad to see him go but excited for the future

Reaction Score
I know the roster is far from what it will be in the fall, but we are at scholarship limit and it appears we have about 4 or 5 more DBs than last year's roster and 2 less LBs and 2 less DLs. Wonder if we are switching to a 4-2-5 type defense or something.

Reaction Score
Would like to get
I know the roster is far from what it will be in the fall, but we are at scholarship limit and it appears we have about 4 or 5 more DBs than last year's roster and 2 less LBs and 2 less DLs. Wonder if we are switching to a 4-2-5 type defense or something.
Kinda crossed my mind too, then looking back we were getting killed when teams spread 4-5 out and ran the ball, especially with the mobile QBs, we using only two LBs. Maybe the bigger DBs will play the hybrid?

Reaction Score
Today’s O requires more nickel and dime packages. If a LB can’t cover, he’s not seeing much pt.

Reaction Score
We pretty much have to build this team through the portal. We don’t have the luxury of developing players for two-3 years from high school.

Reaction Score
We've done very well in the portal so far. This definitely gives me hope for next year. Hopefully we can snag a few more guys like this.

Does anyone have a scholarship count?

Reaction Score
We pretty much have to build this team through the portal. We don’t have the luxury of developing players for two-3 years from high school.
Disagree. We need a balance of portal and HS kids. I think you have to get your OL primarily from HS and develop them. And, if you are winning, you will attract better HS players.

Reaction Score
Moras approach for incoming transfers is truly national. This is no longer about appeasing CT high school coaches. It’s about getting ready to play players.
I think he’s doing a good job at doing both. He’s definitely out there making connections too.

Reaction Score

Julien Simon is a 6-1 225lb LB from Tacoma Washington attending Tulsa University (Transfer Portal w/ two years of eligibility remaining). Julien was @ USC before transferring to Tulsa. His brother DL Jayden Simon committed to UConn on 12/17/23

Reaction Score
Moras approach for incoming transfers is truly national. This is no longer about appeasing CT high school coaches. It’s about getting ready to play players.

Yup - from a bit back:

-> Just securing commitments from the best players in Connecticut won’t be enough to get the program to where he wants it to go. He didn’t mince any words when it came to approach for the rest of this recruiting cycle.

“For us, it is about tapping [into] the portal right now,” Mora said.

“We have to get players who are established players who have played in big-game environments and have snaps under their belt. We have to continue to get the best players in our state and in the past two years, we have. The facts of the matter are that in our area, there is not a large population that we can pull from unlike other areas of the country so we have to do a great job here but for us to build this program the way we want to build it, we have to attack the portal and we plan to be very aggressive in the transfer portal.” <-

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I feel we've gone real heavy on defense which is great but our offense was atrocious. The addition of the new RB and two WR are great but we could use some more big splashes on that side of the ball. I'm loving what I'm seeing though. Mora knows exactly how to play the recruiting game in 2023-2024

Reaction Score

Jarvarius Sims is a 6-1 190lb DB from Decatur, Georgia attending Central Michigan University (Transfer Portal w/ two years of eligibility remaining). Other offers from ArkState, EKU, LaTech, Liberty, Texas State, UTEP and WKU. Committed to Ark State 1/10/24 and Decommitted 1/12/24).

Reaction Score
I feel we've gone real heavy on defense which is great but our offense was atrocious. The addition of the new RB and two WR are great but we could use some more big splashes on that side of the ball. I'm loving what I'm seeing though. Mora knows exactly how to play the recruiting game in 2023-2024
I think he’s happy with he’s got for OL DL. Another DB today. LB yesterday. Maybe we’re done there. Maybe somebody to replace Joly. Il like the 2 RB that we got. Productive.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think he’s happy with he’s got for OL DL. Another DB today. LB yesterday. Maybe we’re done there. Maybe somebody to replace Joly. Il like the 2 RB that we got. Productive.

Based on what the team lost and had on the bench last year, I hope he's not happy or content with OL.

Reaction Score
Based on what the team lost and had on the bench last year, I hope he's not happy or content with OL.
I think it is very hard to find good developed OL in the transfer portal. I think you can find a kid with 1 or 2 years of development on another team through the portal who you can develop. Finding Guidone was lucky as the Ivy League did not allow for a COVID 5th year so many Ivy League players were available. UConn does return 7 of the 10 OL on last year's 2 deep, so there should be guys ready to step up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom