UConn-Duke postgame thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn-Duke postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was not pretty … but you don’t get points for style! A win is a win and that’s all that matters now!!

Battled through another tough, tough game. I’ll leave the complaints at the door for now. Just happy to be back in the E8 given everything this team’s been through this year.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We had energy the first half. Ran out of gas in the second half. Tired. No bench does that to you. Give'em credit they gutted it out and found a way to win without making alot of mistakes. Duke was able to score late because we were tired and Aaliyah was in foul trouble and that relates to becoming defenseless

Reaction Score
Tough physical battle. Paige was too tired in this game. Great Duke defense on Paige to make her really work the entire game.

Aailiyah has to stay in the game. Ice is fine for a breather but doesn’t give us enough offense if she has to be in the game a long period of time.

I thought KK played great. Wasn’t too scared of the moment.

Ash was a it tight tnite. She needs to be aggressive because Paige can’t do it all. And teams know Nika is looking to score unless wide open or shot clock is winding down.

Hoping for a better performance next game because I think we totally let the game almost slip away. Luckily Duke was sloppy.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
We won with 4 players on the floor at the end of the game that could barely lift their arms BUT THEY DID!!!!
So happy for the best 6 player team (regardless of why there are only 6!!!!!!!!) in the world. They never gave up and never looked like they were panicking.
I also discovered tonight that my nerves have an impact on my blood glucose levels, and not in a good way. It happened last Monday too but I missed the correlation.

Reaction Score
Duke has been a team that plays way better in the second half all season long. Once Duke figures out how to play in the first half, they have the potential to be a top 10 team.

With that being said, Uconn showed again its survival ability. I hope they get a lot of rest before Monday's game against USC. Overall, it was a really good, hard fought game. Duke's only achievement was shutting out Shade, but that left KK open to do some damage. Aalyah has to play like a senior on her last NCAA tournament. I hipe she can come out lights out on Monday. Aalyah is the key to winning on Monday.

Reaction Score
I also think Geno should take more timeouts in the first half since we have a limited bench and that would give the starters a breather. I understand wanting to hold your timeouts in the second half, but if you’re not subbing anyone in for the guards it’s a tough ask for this team to keep playing like this.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
SO... Does anyone think we won the Sarah Strong Sweepstakes with the win over Duke? Sure hope so. Another big for next year sure would be good.
We've been on Sarahs list since the beginning. Emily Rodriquez, Lara Somfai and Sarah Strong have us on their short lists. I was told that Lara is the best of all 3 and has potential to be super. I hope we get all 3.

Reaction Score
UConn gets the win and that's all that matters but goodness. There were some of the silliest fouls and turnovers on both sides that I have ever seen my life.

Edwards has to stay on the floor for UConn to have their best chance moving forward.

Reaction Score
The Duke defense is why many of us were worried about tonight, and their defense played up to form. No one had any room, very few open shots available. Fortunately, our defense was better, and we had Paige. Now it's history.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I expected it to be an ugly win, and it was. It was two good defenses and one good offense, but the good offense wasn’t, even in the first half when they were fresh. I hope they show up refreshed Monday and that Ashlynn finds her shooting touch.

Reaction Score
The lack of foul calls in the last 3
Minutes was bizarre
On a positive note, I thought that was the best game I ever saw nika play
Tremendous on the defensive end
And I think only turn the ball over once
Rebounding was great

Duke was the best defensive team I’ve seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online