UConn Cutting Staff In Athletic Ticket Sales and Service Team | The Boneyard

UConn Cutting Staff In Athletic Ticket Sales and Service Team

Reaction Score
I attempted to contact my ticket sales rep recently and a few days later received an email from the Director of the department advising that my rep was one of two they had "let go" due to the negative impact of the virus on the sports and entertainment industry. I really enjoyed my conversations with my rep and very much hope this is a short term situation for him and the other person.
Having said that, this could be the "canary in the coal mine" for UConn, not only for the Athletic Department, but the university as a whole. The story about the University of Iowa facing a $100,000,000 loss of revenue from TV, ticket sales and other sources of athletic department revenue was an eye opener, but with many kids opting for on-line classes the schools are also losing housing, food service and other revenues. How long before we start to hear about other cutbacks from many schools nationwide?
The "college industry" has been flush with money from Pell grants, the easy money student loan program, research grants, etc. for some time now and many here have commented on the bloating of the Athletic Department with layers of administrators, but seismic changes in how education can be delivered at lower cost could be the death knell for poorly run or poorly situated (from the standpoint of attractive majors in high demand) schools.

Reaction Score
I personally thought the email from the ticket office was a bit unprofessional. They included the first and last names of the 2 people they let go. While I realize these are technically public employees, that’s a big F up in my opinion, you just don’t do it. Hopefully the person who decided to send that email with the names of the 2 people that were laid off learns from their mistake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom