UConn/Cincy game thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

UConn/Cincy game thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No ref makes that call in that situation. He didn't touch the guy or throw the ball at him. As a ref you pretend you didn't hear anything, tell him to shut up, or just walk away.

No team player takes the risk in that situation.

Reaction Score
Was actually a good final play by Pindell and Mayala. Just crapped the bed afterwards because that's what we do.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Says the nut job who has hijacked every football and men's basketball thread the last 2 years.

This entire team including these HORRIBLE players who have done nothing but lose games can walk home from ohio as well as any "Fan" who is bloodless enough to not even care anymore what a disgrace from start to finish this loss was.

Seek help, please. You're not well.

Reaction Score
Hergy is the reason we lost, not Tarbutt.

I'm so glad the season is over.

Reaction Score
Don't defend Tarbutt this isn't the first time he's missed a 30 yarder. He is a division 1 kicker. You have to make these. Idc the context.

Reaction Score
Says the nut job who has hijacked every football and men's basketball thread the last 2 years.

This entire team including these HORRIBLE players who have done nothing but lose games can walk home from ohio as well as any "Fan" who is bloodless enough to not even care anymore what a disgrace from start to finish this loss was.

Right, because the players weren't trying to win so they deserve to walk home. They're college kids but feel free to take a dump on them.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Has Tarbutt been questionable all season? Yes. Should he have made the field goal he missed today as well as the extra point? Yes. However, there are far greater weaknesses on this team than our kicker. Everything is just magnified cause we are not currently a very good team. Could we use a better kicker? sure, but just need better players in general and need to be able to score more than 21 points off of more than 100 plays. Hergy can't get called for a penalty like that either. He's a junior, best receiver, has to know better.

Reaction Score
Tarbutt has choked a couple of crucial kicks (FG against ECU). He's got the physical ability (the 53 yarder was wonderful).. but I'm sure he's thinking too much out there...

Reaction Score
they showed some real mettle. They just are not yet used to winning, Big mistake with over exuberance.

This is a total lie but it's the type of post that will get likes because it will make people in denial feel good.

Mettle? This was a group of players addicted to losing, intent on making losing plays and mistakes, losing to a terrible team, in a game they should have won. This is also a program and athletic dept. totally unserious about football.

Reaction Score
This is a total lie but it's the type of post that will get likes because it will make people in denial feel good.

Mettle? This was a group of players addicted to losing, intent on making losing players and mistakes, losing to a terrible team, in a game they should have won. This is also a program and athletic dept. totally unserious about football.

Its mixed. That last drive with the WR carrying defenders out of bounds was big. But at the same time you have SR's who give up on critical plays/drives ala Diggs

Reaction Score
Tarbutt has choked a couple of crucial kicks (FG against ECU). He's got the physical ability (the 53 yarder was wonderful).. but I'm sure he's thinking too much out there...
Doesn't matter. He cannot be trusted. I've never been madder at a game. Never seen a bigger choker. Makes the Bills look clutch. He has cost them like 3 games. Edsall needs to tell him right now he won't be the regular kicker next year, or he should quit. I don't feel bad for him at all. He should be able to make that with his eyes closed.

Reaction Score

Mettle? This was a group of players addicted to losing, intent on making losing plays and mistakes, losing to a terrible team, in a game they should have won. This is also a program and athletic dept. totally unserious about football.
They drove the field with 1 minute left and scored and made some great plays. What the heck more do you want?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
No ref makes that call in that situation. He didn't touch the guy or throw the ball at him. As a ref you pretend you didn't hear anything, tell him to shut up, or just walk away.
It was childish to say anything.

Reaction Score
Has Tarbutt been questionable all season? Yes. Should he have made the field goal he missed today as well as the extra point? Yes. However, there are far greater weaknesses on this team than our kicker. Everything is just magnified cause we are not currently a very good team. Could we use a better kicker? sure, but just need better players in general and need to be able to score more than 21 points off of more than 100 plays. Hergy can't get called for a penalty like that either. He's a junior, best receiver, has to know better.
I can't call him the names he deserves here. He really should quit after that. I don't feel bad for him, I feel bad for all the seniors he just let down.

Reaction Score
They drove the field with 1 minute left and scored and made some great plays. What the heck more do you want?
Hergy keeping his mouth shut. Our kicker not having the spine of a jellyfish. To name a few things.

Reaction Score
[
His team just went 93 yards to tie a game in less than 1:40 to tie a game. Kid was excited and human. He didn't swing, touch the kid, or throw the ball at him. Didn't even wave in his face.....no real ref makes that call.
I think the idea is to not even give the ref a chance to make that call. My guess is that Hergi sits the first game of next season.

Reaction Score
His team just went 93 yards to tie a game in less than 1:40 to tie a game. Kid was excited and human. He didn't swing, touch the kid, or throw the ball at him. Didn't even wave in his face.....no real ref makes that call.

So it’s obviously the refs fault UConn lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom