UConn can be halfway there in two ways with a win in the national semis | The Boneyard

UConn can be halfway there in two ways with a win in the national semis

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
1. UConn is two wins away from a national championship. These are going to be huge games: Stanford first, ND or Maryland after. A win Sunday is one game out of two- halfway there.

2. UConn is 38-0 this season, and a win Sunday puts them at 39-0. UConn rode into 2013-14 with a six-game winning streak. In other words, a win Sunday increases the winning streak to 45.

45 is half of 90.

There's a ton of basketball to be played to get to 90. Hell, I'd settle for getting to 46. But this UConn team could get halfway to that record by the national finals, and we know the team is going to be nasty next year. The Streak is in play. It's not an age-old record, but it's in play.

Amazing to think just how much UConn has given to the game and to turn around and repeat itself one way or another. Now, let's see some history in the eventual making!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
After watching the ND Baylor game my only concern is fouls. Its like kryponite and Superman. The only way UConn can lose this NC is a game of fouls like ND and Baylor game. Even then it will be hard to defeat UConn. It will come down to defense and UConn is the best at playing defense. ND and Stanford will not be on their home courts this weekend and that will play a major role in their performances .

Reaction Score
IMO, its disipline, defense an determination that is the difference. Last nights games were very hard to watch. They were AAU type games with running and gunning.........UNC had its chances and its youth showed at the end and poor coaching.

UCONN will not have a tough game in either the semi's or Finals.......They will win both games by 25 plus........

Reaction Score
When I watch anyone else, I have no choice but think how disorganized their offense is and how slow their defense is. I can't remember the last time this wasn't the case.

Beat Stanford by 14 and then Maryland by 17.

I don't want us to play ND in the final only because Achonwa's injury would give everyone the chance to say our gilrs stole it and didn't deserve it, which woul be a ridiculous shame.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
After watching the ND Baylor game my only concern is fouls. Its like kryponite and Superman. The only way UConn can lose this NC is a game of fouls like ND and Baylor game. Even then it will be hard to defeat UConn. It will come down to defense and UConn is the best at playing defense. ND and Stanford will not be on their home courts this weekend and that will play a major role in their performances .
Well, two of three teams play fouls straight up without histrionics so that is encouraging, because I think if a game is called straight (even if it is called tight) is fine by Uconn - they can adjust. That third team though is worrying just for that reason.

One other interesting fact about that number 46. If Uconn does win out that last victory will not only break and 8-8 tie, it will also move Uconn into sole possession of the 4th longest win streak in women's basketball, displacing ... you got it ... Tennessee.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The current streak of 44 is modest by UConn standards, but unreal to other teams. Let's take it a game at a time, a possession at a time. That's how streaks continue. We're close to #9. Let's grab it!

That said, if A'ja comes to UConn, I think Stewie and MoJett can run the table, ending with a streak of about 124. (No, I have not been talking with Tony. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom