UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 69 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
The Providence Journal : 10 RI high school baseball players to watch this spring

(shortcut <<)

Jack LaRose, Bishop Hendricken
Junior, infielder and pitcher

LaRose was the Division I-A Player of the Year in 2022. That he stood out among such a deep group of contenders spoke to how good he was at shortstop and on the mound. He’s a strong left-handed hitter, capable fielder and able to work as a right-handed pitcher as needed. LaRose is already committed to play in college at Connecticut.

Tommy Turner, Coventry
Senior, outfielder and pitcher

He’s been a star since reaching the Little League World Series with his town team. This will be Turner’s final campaign in Rhode Island and he’s a good bet to power the Oakers on a deep playoff run. He’s a Connecticut commit with an impressive all-around skill set — strong hitter, good outfielder and a right-handed pitcher who features premium velocity.

Reaction Score
6'9" and 225 lbs and a very smooth delivery. He will get into the high 90s as he matures. Agree that we may not see him at UConn.

Solid college baseball programs are going to have some recruits that end up going pro rather then end up joining the team. That sort of thing really doesn't bother me, it is the price you pay for having a quality college baseball team, and it shows that the team's recruiting is going in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Damn, that’s massive for baseball, where you see so many early commitments.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
So how is the kid we lost from Vermont who signed with the Pirates doing?

Pitching well for their triple A team in relief after a decent season rotating between double a and triple a last year.

Although we are hardly the only team whose recruiting gets hit by the mlb, I have to imagine last years team + Burrows, Mozzicato, and a healthy Crawford could have competed in Omaha for a championship.

Edit: This would have required Mozzicato staying for 4 years, so this daydream is fun for me but not realistic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
big arm. wondering why he's throwing as hard as he can off a mound in January
That is definitely not near his game velocity right now, but I really like his motion. Ball straightens out when he reaches back, it’s pretty hitable for the prep school level. Have seen him a few times this year playing my sons team, almost a bit too much.

Not taking anything away from him, very good athlete.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom