Men - UConn Baseball 2024 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2024

Reaction Score

The UConn basketball season having ended, Gavin Keefe is starting to do some articles on UConn baseball.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
My concern is that our RPI is dropping as is the conference RPI. The Northeastern game is important for a road win against a team with a good rpi. Then, we must win at least 2 of 3 from Creighton and sweep Butler to at least give us a shot at the at-large in case we don't win the BET like last year.

Reaction Score
My concern is that our RPI is dropping as is the conference RPI. The Northeastern game is important for a road win against a team with a good rpi. Then, we must win at least 2 of 3 from Creighton and sweep Butler to at least give us a shot at the at-large in case we don't win the BET like last year.
The good thing is, as of today, Cincy is helping out Uconn by continuing to win some games. Let’s hope they have a strong week and the opportunity of a rising RPI could become meaningful if they can win. I’m with you though, NE is crucial and sweeps are necessary with what’s remaining in conference play. I think they can afford 1 conf. loss, granted they win both out of conference games.

Reaction Score
One thing that has not helped UConn baseball this season is the lack of much in the way of solid contributions from the freshmen on the team. Tyler Minick and Ben Schild have done well at times, but Schild has not pitched recently due to a hip problem. Minick of course has pretty much taken over the D.H. spot in the lineup in recent games, and I would expect that next season he will be a starter somewhere in the infield.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom