UConn announces 4 yr series with Louisville | The Boneyard

UConn announces 4 yr series with Louisville

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

The Huskies will host the Cardinals on Saturday, Dec. 16, 2023, and during the 2025-26 season. UConn will travel to Louisville in the 2024-25 and 2026-27 seasons.
Thanks for posting this BRS24. You are becoming quite a prolific poster. It's nice to get WCBB news of the day in one place without having to peruse the World Wide Web for it.

Louisville has always been a formidable opponent. I’m glad to see that Geno has not pulled back on the reins when scheduling non-conference opponents. Glad to see that Louisville head coach Jeff Walz is willing to schedule us long-term. This will be good for both teams. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this BRS24. You are becoming quite a prolific poster. It's nice to get WCBB news of the day in one place without having to peruse the World Wide Web for it.

Louisville has always been a formidable opponent. I’m glad to see that Geno has not pulled back on the reins when scheduling non-conference opponents. Glad to see that Louisville head coach Jeff Walz is willing to schedule us long-term. This will be good for both teams. :cool:
Oops, I didn't realize you've been here from day one with 2369 posts. Thanks anyway.

Reaction Score
Love it! The Yum! Center is on my bucket list so I might have to go down in 2025.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As far as I know, Haley Van Lith hasn't committed yet to LSU or anyone else. It's supposed to be possible for players who enter the transfer portal to return to their former school if the coach (Walz) is willing and the player decides that the grass is not greener elsewhere.

Is there any chance that Hailey Van Lith might decide to return to Louisville after all (she apparently left on good terms), not specifically because of this announcement but because the available alternatives have turned out not to be appetizing to her?

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? I thought UConn was set to host UNC at Mohegan Sun on December 17.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Jeff Walz has never ducked UConn despite an all-time record of 1 win and a bunch of losses. Credit to Jeff for stepping up to the challenge…..or maybe he’s simply looking for a good meal and bottle of wine at Geno’s house….:cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As far as I know, Haley Van Lith hasn't committed yet to LSU or anyone else. It's supposed to be possible for players who enter the transfer portal to return to their former school if the coach (Walz) is willing and the player decides that the grass is not greener elsewhere.

Is there any chance that Hailey Van Lith might decide to return to Louisville after all (she apparently left on good terms), not specifically because of this announcement but because the available alternatives have turned out not to be appetizing to her?
Good point. Don't think it's likely though. But who knows.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Jeff Walz has never ducked UConn despite an all-time record of 1 win and a bunch of losses. Credit to Jeff for stepping up to the challenge…..or maybe he’s simply looking for a good meal and bottle of wine at Geno’s house….:cool:
I'd take a thumping for that.

Reaction Score
To take an L and get to kick it with one of the all-time greats in coaching, I would not taking that offer as well. Plus, Walz is a pretty young coach still with a pretty solid program, this is a win/win situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom