Uconn a 1 seed, 2nd overall in committee mock bracket. | The Boneyard

Uconn a 1 seed, 2nd overall in committee mock bracket.

Reaction Score

The 12 member committees top 4 ranking is unanimous.

No complaints. If someone came to me at the start of the season and said UConn would be the 2nd best one seed in mid February I'd take it. Looking good for a long run in March.

Last edited:

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
it protects you against having the best #2 seed, i believe.

Outside of Purdue and maybe Houston the field is pretty weak. I’m not sure it even matters who’s in our bracket.

We will be bigger, stronger, and more skilled than any team we play, so if we lose, it’s not the fault of the committee.

Reaction Score
They may have wanted to reconsider their choice by 5:20.

Due to the number of Quad 1 wins and some other metrics, I have no issue with someone saying Purdue should be seeded ahead of us. But if someone says they want to bet Purdue even up against us on a neutral court — well, I don’t think many would take that bet at the moment.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
They may have wanted to reconsider their choice by 5:20.

Due to the number of Quad 1 wins and some other metrics, I have no issue without someone saying Purdue should be seeded ahead of us. But if someone says they want to bet Purdue even up against us on a neutral court — well, I don’t think many would take that bet at the moment.

At this moment (with Purdue due a Q1 game tomorrow) UConn and Purdue are tied for Q1 wins and losses at 9-2. They have one more Q2 win, 6-0 vs 5-0. I could care less about Q3 and Q4 but they are 5-0/3-0 and UConn is 1-0/9-0.

As mentioned elsewhere Kenpom and other metrics have UConn higher now. That blowout was huge on that front.

The only argument is their Q3/Q4 games.

Reaction Score
it protects you against having the best #2 seed, i believe.
Not really anymore. Geography preference for the 2 seed is generally given even if they're ranked the best 2.

Reaction Score
Not really anymore. Geography preference for the 2 seed is generally given even if they're ranked the best 2.
The NCAA bracketing principles specifically calls out avoiding putting the overall #1 seed with the best #2 seed:
The committee may relax the principle of keeping teams as close to their area of natural interest for seeding teams on the No. 2 line to avoid, for example, the overall No. 5 seed being sent to the same region as the overall No. 1 seed.

It doesn't say "must" but the fact it is explicitly called out is telling.

Reaction Score
In the bracket they showed yesterday North Carolina (#5) was in East with UConn and Purdue got Tennessee (6th)

Reaction Score
5 challenging games to end the regular season - Creighton, Marq. and Providence away; Nova and SH at home

Reaction Score
At this moment (with Purdue due a Q1 game tomorrow) UConn and Purdue are tied for Q1 wins and losses at 9-2. They have one more Q2 win, 6-0 vs 5-0. I could care less about Q3 and Q4 but they are 5-0/3-0 and UConn is 1-0/9-0.

As mentioned elsewhere Kenpom and other metrics have UConn higher now. That blowout was huge on that front.

The only argument is their Q3/Q4 games.
The argument is who they’ve beaten in Q1. Wins over #4, 5, 7, 8, 14, 19, & 20 in KenPom.

We’ve beaten #10, 13, 14, 20.

We are the better team, but Purdue’s resume is impressive and deserving of the #1 overall seed (for now).

caw

Reaction Score
The argument is who they’ve beaten in Q1. Wins over #4, 5, 7, 8, 14, 19, & 20 in KenPom.

We’ve beaten #10, 13, 14, 20.

We are the better team, but Purdue’s resume is impressive and deserving of the #1 overall seed (for now).

Yes, they are 7-0 Q1A and UConn is 5-1, of course that also means they lost to two Q1B teams whereas UConn only lost to one.

Their resume is slightly better but that is not what I was responding to at all as the post I responded to literally wrote, "Due to the number of Quad 1 wins and some other metrics,"

If you want to move the goal post and talk specific teams UConn and Purdue beat, then you are literally splitting hairs at this point.

Reaction Score

The 12 member committees top 4 ranking is unanimous.

No complaints. If someone came to me at the start of the season and said UConn would be the 2nd best one seed in mid February I'd take it. Looking good for a long run in March.
I think as defending champs with the current resume the choice should be UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom