UConn -9.5 v Creighton | The Boneyard

UConn -9.5 v Creighton

Reaction Score
Im expecting a tough game. I hate playing teams that are coming off a loss with something to prove. Creighton had a 17 point lead at the half vs Xavier just to end up losing by 10. Creighton has also been a thorn in our side. We owe them one. I can see this being another grind it out win. I wouldnt touch that line.

Reaction Score
Im expecting a tough game. I hate playing teams that are coming off a loss with something to prove. Creighton had a 17 point lead at the half vs Xavier just to end up losing by 10. Creighton has also been a thorn in our side. We owe them one. I can see this being another grind it out win. I wouldnt touch that line.
Completely agree - could also see us looking ahead to one of the biggest games of the season Saturday. I think tomorrow will be tight, would love to be wrong.

Reaction Score
Go Huskies but I’m not going near that line.

Going to be real close.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m on the good guys giving 9.5. Feels like a healthy win here to me. Creighton is young, we’re at home, XL is a tough place to shoot, bounce back game for Adama and T Mart

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I also agree. They are a thorn in our sides. After losing two last year, which we could of won, this is a must win for us. This is going to be a tough one. For some reason I cannot stomach their coach. The guys cannot afford to turn over the ball as they have been doing the last couple of games. Can't get your pocket picked, can't let the ball dribble away on a fast break. Sonogo please catch the ball in the paint.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
This game is not a good betting risk in my opinion. Creighton has enough talent to make any given game a challenge, and the Huskies may be looking forward to Nova Saturday.

Or the XL crowd can give the Huskies an energy boost and they break out of their Depaul shooting slump and win by 20+.

I wouldn't be surprised by either scenario.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This game is not a good betting risk in my opinion. Creighton has enough talent to make any given game a challenge, and the Huskies may be looking forward to Nova Saturday.

Or the XL crowd can give the Huskies an energy boost and they break out of their Depaul shooting slump and win by 20+.

Creighton is good enough to win outright, but there's zero chance the team looks past this game after the Big East tournament loss last year.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Creighton is good enough to win outright, but there's zero chance the team looks past this game after the Big East tournament loss last year.
I don’t think they are good enough to win on the road against us. They’re really young and have over-performed in a lot of ways. We’ll see.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The whole theme for the season has to do with the Maryland game and the ending of the Creighton game. There should be plenty of motivation.

I'd be more concerned about UConn being too wound up making this a revenge game than I would be about Creighton just playing a better game.

Most of us have all seen "revenge" games where the team seeking revenge has superior talent but they get caught up in revenge vice just doing what they need to do to win.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
My gut has a bad feeling about this one tonight.

Creighton might be having a down year, but last year they had our number.

They are coming off a really embarrassing loss and we got a HUGE one at Nova up next.

That all has me nervous. McDermott is no slouch of a coach.

Good luck to everyone giving the points. Hope you hit.

I’m just hoping it’s a W straight up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
McDermott and Creighton are fighting for their NCAA lives as well as for a better league position for the NBE tournament
I am sure they have this game as a must and possible road win
BEWARE UConn
UConn should win at home but..........................

Reaction Score
I think we'll have a bunch of motivated guys given how everyone except for RJ played at DePaul. Hopefully it's controlled energy and aggression as opposed to a turnover fest.

Reaction Score

I don't see this one being a "sweat the spread" situation like Depaul, in either direction.

This will either be a close, grind it out sort of game where the lead is in the 3-9 point range throughout, or we lock down defensively and gradually build a 15-20 point lead.

I think the former is more likely. I'd take the points.

Reaction Score
What if it was 30? Blindly betting any team, regardless of the line, is just dumb.
As smart as taking Gtown +17 on the road at UConn, then following it up with taking UConn on the road and laying the 8.5 at DePaul? Blindly betting your team would be 1-1, being a fake sharp is 0-2. But hey you win every bet you do not post, so congrats!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom