UConn -8 vs Butler | The Boneyard

UConn -8 vs Butler

Reaction Score
yeah was kinda surprised we are only getting 8. Feel like we can tighty up the ship a little bit for tmw night.

Reaction Score
Won last game by 17. The HCA differential is 7.3 (4.1 for UConn, 3.2 for Butler), so 9.7 aka 10 was our adjusted margin of victory.

We were favored by 13 in first game, the HCA differential would translate to a 6 point spread in this game.

8 points for new spread is splitting the difference almost exactly between previous spread and results.

Reaction Score
The fact we just played them less than 48 hours ago probably has something to do with it. I think we win, but it’s by a lesser margin than it was on Tuesday.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We didn’t play all that well last night… I expect a 25 point margin
UConn made a bunch of 3s after a bad start. As we know, they are fully capable of continuing to miss those all game long.

No idea what to expect, but I sure as hell hope it isn’t close enough to make me worried late.

Reaction Score
UConn made a bunch of 3s after a bad start. As we know, they are fully capable of continuing to miss those all game long.

No idea what to expect, but I sure as hell hope it isn’t close enough to make me worried late.
Maybe it’s a mirage but UConn is 2nd in the BE in 3pt %. When we are not forcing up 3s we can make them.

Reaction Score
I am nervous about this game.

Any Big East game on the road stir up my bile!

Reaction Score
This game is going to show whether or not UConn has turned the corner playing every game at a high level or if they will continue to struggle in an up and down season. This is the time to get their game together, every player needs to show up, not different ones on different days.

Reaction Score
We're solid at home.. Next step in the 4 yr rebuild. Winning our fair share of BE road games. Huskies mark their turf at Hinkle

Reaction Score
A
We are shooting 3s at 41% when Adama plays.

Reaction Score
I don’t. Know whose going to win let alone by how much.
What’s certain is if you want to contend for championship these winnable road games are a must.
So far we’re 1-1 PC was a bad home loss and Maquette was a good road win.
This isn’t a good road win it’s a must road win .
Hopefully we bring our A game.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I don’t. Know whose going to win let alone by how much.
What’s certain is if you want to contend for championship these winnable road games are a must.
So far we’re 1-1 PC was a bad home loss and Maquette was a good road win.
This isn’t a good road win it’s a must road win .
Hopefully we bring our A game.
Big East road games are always tough. Xavier last night almost lost to a last place DePaul team missing Freeman-Liberty. I expect this one to be closer than the last.

Reaction Score
Won last game by 17. The HCA differential is 7.3 (4.1 for UConn, 3.2 for Butler), so 9.7 aka 10 was our adjusted margin of victory.

We were favored by 13 in first game, the HCA differential would translate to a 6 point spread in this game.

8 points for new spread is splitting the difference almost exactly between previous spread and results.
Great analysis. 6 point spread is most likely what the gamer would have been if Tuesday night was taken out of the equation as it corresponds to Kenpom's line. Line is inflated at 8, already down to 7 on my site, UConn may very well cover but at 8 you are paying a premium.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
We haven’t been consistent but that butler team is very very bad. I like us to cover that.

Reaction Score
You would expect this game to be closer. In our favor, we should pick up more production from Whaley and Martin. However we should also expect less from Hawkins. That would still produce a double digit win.

For Butler, Golden and Bolden should both have better games. But if we can be a little more efficient against Lucosios (?), we should keep them around 60 points.

A faster start would be nice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom