UConn -6 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn -6

Reaction Score
I did a parlay -2.5 and under 149.5 with some Purdue action.

Edit: really, it’s Illinois action
Is Terrance Shannon still out? They actually played pretty well without him against Northwestern, but Purdue is so good. Interesting that NW is Purdue's only loss.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
First time playing a Butler team that isn’t total dog water and that includes the 2011 title game. Not sure what to expect. They’ve got some guys and Matta is of course a solid coach. Gonna be a lot tougher than we thought this game would be in September

Reaction Score
I saw that too. Tells me there's a lot of money being put on Butler.
It makes sense that there is a good bit of uncertainty around the Huskies right now. The team is still adjusting to life without the giant unicorn. Newton just had an outlier of a game. People have a right to wonder.

Won't make a difference if we play an average game.

Reaction Score
Would have preferred Butler had played well versus the Johnnies. I’m with @Ricker on this one I’ve seen them play very well and especially at home. They play solid D and are fairly athletic I’m very nervous about this one. Certainly need Tristen back and need Samson out of foul trouble as well, or Alex will be too.

Money wise stay away! That’s just me.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Eh, that fear is overblown. Almost all of it has been frozen at sea or elsewhere. We love sushi and other water-borne critters, we live in Colorado, and haven't noticed any dropoff in quality (having lived 100% in coastal New England states prior to moving here) other than the prescious few places where you actually see them take the stuff off the boat that caught it. Just buy from places who care about what they're doing.

on edit: I can't believe I made this post in a thread about the spread on UConn v anyone. Only in BY.
I'd go see a band named Indiana Gas Station Sushi.

Reaction Score
Eh, that fear is overblown. Almost all of it has been frozen at sea or elsewhere. We love sushi and other water-borne critters, we live in Colorado, and haven't noticed any dropoff in quality (having lived 100% in coastal New England states prior to moving here) other than the prescious few places where you actually see them take the stuff off the boat that caught it. Just buy from places who care about what they're doing.

on edit: I can't believe I made this post in a thread about the spread on UConn v anyone. Only in BY.
I'm talking more about taste than safety, but safety has some merit also. I happen to live in a place where fresh seafood is taken off the boat. Fresh, non-frozen, seafood is much better than frozen. Not even a question.

Since you live in Colorado I have one suggestion. Stick to the local "oysters" and forego the ones from the sea. :)

Reaction Score
"Sea"food doesn't come from freshwater. Lol
I hadn't really thought about it but many menus have a section called seafood which probably includes freshwater fish. To be fair:

"Definition of Seafood- Typically, when we think of seafood we think of fish from the oceans. However, seafood is much more than that. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seafood encompasses all commercially obtained freshwater and saltwater fish, molluscan shellfish, and crustaceans. Molluscan shellfish (or mollusks) and crustaceans are both commonly referred to as shellfish"

Huskies by 8

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hadn't really thought about it but many menus have a section called seafood which probably includes freshwater fish. To be fair:

"Definition of Seafood- Typically, when we think of seafood we think of fish from the oceans. However, seafood is much more than that. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seafood encompasses all commercially obtained freshwater and saltwater fish, molluscan shellfish, and crustaceans. Molluscan shellfish (or mollusks) and crustaceans are both commonly referred to as shellfish"

Huskies by 8
I wasn't going to keep arguing, but thanks for that. Also, a Sea is any large-enough body of water, not necessary salt-water. There's debate as to whether the Great Lakes are seas.

Huskies by 8 feels about right.

Reaction Score
Is Terrance Shannon still out? They actually played pretty well without him against Northwestern, but Purdue is so good. Interesting that NW is Purdue's only loss.
Was thinking it was unusual he came from Texas Tech and not Kansas when the news came out given everything that's happened under Self. Then somehow the alleged incident still managed to happen at Kansas

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Rocky Mountain Oysters don't count.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
That's a great rule lol. I follow that also
I used to be the same way but realized a lot of seafood is flown to the east coast from the west coast or even other continents (unless you are eating explicitly locally caught fish, which obviously is the best!)

Reaction Score
The Deepster throws his 5-2 ATS record in the fray on this one. Our Heroes win by double digits on the road here.

When Saint James Calhoun comes to practice to rip the team for being soft against Seton Hall and St John's? You listen to the GOAT and shift your gears up. Easy win against a garbage DePaul team after not scoring the first 4 minutes. Bounceback for Newton. Bang this one hard.
Congrats to those who followed the Deepster’s wise counsel.

6-2 ATS on the season

Reaction Score
Good teams win. Great teams cover.
Sheldon Cooper Comedy GIF by CBS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member