UConn -4 | The Boneyard

UConn -4

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, Marquette made a bunch of difficult two pointers…several bank shots last game. Hopefully we get a Little luckier in that regard tonight
Per the BY no one can shoot at the XL Center so expect lucky shots to fall.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, Marquette made a bunch of difficult two pointers…several bank shots last game. Hopefully we get a Little luckier in that regard tonight
You are correct. Not only them but other teams were making these acrobatic bank shots. I was stunned how they work the backboard. Definitely wasn't your run of the mill layups.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Who you got dropping 30 on their heads tonight? Hopefully that’s another donut. Only guy in the rotation that DIDNT score.
Prosper gonna go for 30 tonight. He’s gonna feast off of our piss-poor 4/5 defense and Hurley won’t adapt.

Like I said earlier, we’re officially doomed. Blood in the streets of Hartford. See everyone at the bars after the game drinking our pain away.

Reaction Score
Prosper gonna go for 30 tonight. He’s gonna feast off of our piss-poor 4/5 defense and Hurley won’t adapt.

Like I said earlier, we’re officially doomed. Blood in the streets of Hartford. See everyone at the bars after the game drinking our pain away.

LMAO. :p

Prosper’s struggling right now. Way off his game. Hitting only 36% and averaging only 9 ppg over his past 3 games vs the dregs of the league. The flight from Milwaukee isn’t going to have him any more ready for this game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They killed us on 12-15 foot bank shots. Like literally the worst shot in basketball

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Who you got dropping 30 on their heads tonight? Hopefully that’s another donut. Only guy in the rotation that DIDNT score.

I have oso with a Magic Johnson triple double

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They killed us on 12-15 foot bank shots. Like literally the worst shot in basketball
Not for them. Their banks were sick and way above expected make rate, agreed, but the feast on 2 point shots in general

Reaction Score
According to KenPom, UConn ranks 309 in “luck.” It’s about time that returns to the mean.
I’m curious how they measure this. I feel like highly skilled players make difficult shots that on paper look “lucky”.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I don’t think we’ve been a dog yet all year. And this is one of our smaller spreads.

Thank you for the mush my friend.

Reaction Score
I’m curious how they measure this. I feel like highly skilled players make difficult shots that on paper look “lucky”.
In Ken Pom’s system, luck has nothing to do with our normal understanding of the word. It is purely a statistical term, an attempt to account for statistical aberrations which can’t be otherwise explained with data. Here’s what he says:

“Luck . . . Is the deviation in winning percentage between a team’s actual record and their (statistically) expected record . . . (A) team that is very lucky will be rated lower by my system than their record would suggest.”

The good news is that he doesn’t attribute whatever success we’ve had to luck. We’ve earned it. :cool:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Marquette fake Big East. UConn real Big East. Payback is a b….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom