UConn #1 Overall Seed - Impressive In 3 Bid League | The Boneyard

UConn #1 Overall Seed - Impressive In 3 Bid League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

EXTREMELY impressive were the #1 OVR seed in a 3 bid league. Not a ton of quality win opportunities but we just absolutely dominated everyone all year and earned this as a result. Now to win 6 more!!!

Reaction Score
I guess my thread got deleted (?) so I’ll interject here because it’s not just an over-reaction.

They need to get rid of Val. She is a small time thinking commissioner. This is still a small time league- we need someone who thinks of it as something more than that.

Reaction Score
If this weekend broke differently throughout the country, the BEast is a 5-6 bid conference.

Reaction Score
St John's and Shall deserved in, for sure over MSU who, ONCE again gets in with 14 losses. Hope unc crushes them if they win their first.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You’re not impressed we got the number one overall seed in a three bid league?
I’m impressed that the committee payoffs are probably going to not be investigated for screwing what should be a 6 bid league in favor of some terrible programs from big football playing conferences.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I’m impressed that the committee payoffs are probably going to not be investigated for screwing what should be a 6 bid league in favor of some terrible programs from big football playing conferences.
I don’t even know what this means

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Bilas on right now giving way too much praise to Purdue.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don’t even know what this means
It means that if you’re a team from a conference that sponsors FBS football, the committee will favor you over a team from a conference that doesn‘t. Why? Because the entire NCAA budget is funded by this tournament and the football conferences are threatening to pull out of it because they think their teams don’t get enough bids.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It means that if you’re a team from a conference that sponsors FBS football, the committee will favor you over a team from a conference that doesn‘t. Why? Because the entire NCAA budget is funded by this tournament and the football conferences are threatening to pull out of it because they think their teams don’t get enough bids.
To illustrate. There are 32 at large bids. Five went to schools from non FBS conferences. 27 went to schools in FBS conferences.

Reaction Score
A. DUH!
B. It is truly difficult to feel bad for St Johns or Seton Hall. The Johnnies didn’t beat anybody and lost to some pretty bad teams. They had a chance to redeem themselves, and I have no doubt CBS wanted them, by getting to the NOOB finals, but they didn’t do it. Seton Hall beat us. That’s about it and got blown out by St Johns. Both got what the deserved and should enjoy the NIT.
C. The NOOB has 2 absolutely awful teams. Georgetown, whose only league wins came against DePaul, and DePaul whose only league wins came against, well, nobody. When you finish 11-9 but 4 wins come against the absolute dreck of college basketball, people notice. It hurt the credibility of those bubble teams. Other leagues have bad teams but DePaul was the worst team in a major conference by a mile. Georgetown was simply awful, but looked like 1976 Indiana compared to those clowns.

Reaction Score
"I'm probably just a little embarrassed for the league, for such a proud league," Hurley said of the Big East, which ended up with three tournament teams, including Marquette and Creighton. "The whole thing is just kind of a shell game. And it just really comes down to what the committee values." - Dan Hurley

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
A. DUH!
B. It is truly difficult to feel bad for St Johns or Seton Hall. The Johnnies didn’t beat anybody and lost to some pretty bad teams. They had a chance to redeem themselves, and I have no doubt CBS wanted them, by getting to the NOOB finals, but they didn’t do it. Seton Hall beat us. That’s about it and got blown out by St Johns. Both got what the deserved and should enjoy the NIT.
C. The NOOB has 2 absolutely awful teams. Georgetown, whose only league wins came against DePaul, and DePaul whose only league wins came against, well, nobody. When you finish 11-9 but 4 wins come against the absolute dreck of college basketball, people notice. It hurt the credibility of those bubble teams. Other leagues have bad teams but DePaul was the worst team in a major conference by a mile. Georgetown was simply awful, but looked like 1976 Indiana compared to those clowns.
So where's your team in the bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman