UConn #1 in Final Four Appearances | The Boneyard

UConn #1 in Final Four Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice article by Jeff Jacobs today:

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...mn-uconn-women-0401-20140331,0,4806434.column

A key stat:

"...in the past 16 years, Storrs, that tiny dot in the Eastern Connecticut hills has produced twice as many Final Four appearances as any other school.

That's right. Twice as many.

Duke has eight, four each for the men and women. Tennessee has seven, all women. Michigan State has seven, six with the men. Even if you're a sexist moron and give the women only half the credit they rightfully deserve, UConn still scores twice as high as any other school."

Everything is in place for UConn to do very well over the next 5-10 years. I am convinced that if we get AAU status, we will end up in the B1G...and worst case, without AAU status, the ACC...

Reaction Score
I appreciate the woman, but it has zippo to do with CR
Nobody said its just the women...but if over the next 5-10 years, UConn has:

* A perennial top 4 WBB program and is consistently winning conference titles

* A MBB team that is annually ranked in the top 25 and is consistently contending/winning conference championships

* Beginning in 2015 or 2016, a football program that is annually in the top 25 and contending/winning conference championships

Then I can't help but think the CR Gods will look favorably on UConn in the next round.

It is important to note that all of these things are VERY DOABLE (obviously, all the focus will be on upgrading the football program to "top 25" status, but we've been there before, or at least close, so it's not like it's impossible)...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

A perennial top 4 WBB program and is consistently winning conference titles

A MBB team that is annually ranked in the top 25 and is consistently contending/winning conference championships

Beginning in 2015 or 2016, a football program that is annually in the top 25 and contending/winning conference championships

Then I can't help but think the CR Gods will look favorably on UConn in the next round.

It is important to note that all of these things are VERY DOABLE (obviously, all the focus will be on upgrading the football program to "top 25" status, but we've been there before, or at least close, so it's not like it's impossible)...
Unfortunately we have learned that neither athletic success nor academic success matter in CR. The only thing that matters in TV sets and Cable subscribers.

A perennial top 4 WBB program and is consistently winning conference titles

A MBB team that is annually ranked in the top 25 and is consistently contending/winning conference championships

Beginning in 2015 or 2016, a football program that is annually in the top 25 and contending/winning conference championships

I hope you are correct, but past history has shown that neither athletic success nor academics matter in CR. It is all about politics and TV sets.

Reaction Score
Let's buy more TV sets! ... Snookie has parlayed one game into the Big 10. Their 2006 football win over Louisville is the only thing the entire athletic program can be considered a quality win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom