UCF -1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCF -1

Reaction Score
Reminded me of an old school Big East game.......... .even Donny Marshal showed up in CV's uniform....

Reaction Score
A close win would mean we beat a team ranked well above us in every available metric, so how the hell does that indicate "treading water"? Has common sense completely left town?
You have a funny definition of "well above". As for what the best power rating predicted, it was a 1 point win for UCF. ONE. I know math isn't your strong suit but that isn't much. It is one possession. A 1 point dog can win a close game on a bad call or lucky shot. So, yeah, a close win would have been more of the same or about what was predicted based on a rating that was based on our season thus far. Are you following? Your "common sense" does not align with mathematic truth.

Now, as for what actually happened, they won by a solid margin and that is a positive. A step in the right direction. Now they need to keep doing that. We have seen one good step followed by a step back over and over again. We need the team to keep playing at that level on a consistent basis. THEN you will get some people with renewed faith in Ollie.

Reaction Score
As of yesterday they were about 75 slots ahead of us on Ken Pom's rankings, so not that funny, no. "Are you following?"
In Sagarin, they were about 50 slots ahead which was worth a whopping 4ish points. We were the home team. That is worth more that 3 points. 4-3=1. I don't know what Pomeroy was predicting but his system is not as accurate. Believe what you want. This isn't a court room. This is math, modeling and optimization algorithms. You are out of your element. I am not.

Reactions: PWS
Reaction Score
In Sagarin, they were about 50 slots ahead which was worth a whopping 4ish points. We were the home team. That is worth more that 3 points. 4-3=1. I don't know what Pomeroy was predicting but his system is not as accurate. Believe what you want. This isn't a court room. This is math, modeling and optimization algorithms. You are out of your element. I am not.

This made me laugh out loud.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Its amazing the lengths people go to to crap all over this program.
Speaking of which, what’s the farthest you’ve had to go to crap since you’ve been without running water?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Speaking of which, what’s the farthest you’ve had to go to crap since you’ve been without running water?
My bathroom. My wife melts snow and fills toilet tank

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom