U17 and U18 recruiting target observations | Page 44 | The Boneyard

U17 and U18 recruiting target observations

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
i think 2017 is make or break for TN. we have really put a full court press on this class and MUST land at LEAST three great players if not 4 or 5. put me in the anxious camp.....i need a signing!
How are you holding up now?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Still gotta be able to coach recruits once you get them!!!

Reaction Score
PN #13 Jazmine Massengill to Tennessee. 5'9" Point Guard from Chattanooga.

They are piling up on guards.
Cooper, Hayes, Westbrook and now Massengill. Great recruiting but who's going to coach them ?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Word in recruiting circles is that another top recruit is about to announce! No idea who!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here's an interesting recruiting article;

Huskies' record performance impresses recruits

"As far as the way they play team ball, there is no difference," Christyn Williams said. "They play to win. Coach A [Geno Auriemma] is an amazing coach and they play the way that he wants them to."

"I want to go somewhere with a great family atmosphere, that plays team ball and has a great coaching staff, and can help me be successful on and off the court," Williams said.

Not sure she needs to wait till Fall to make her decision. She sorta sets up and then finds her requirements in one swoop.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
"As far as the way they play team ball, there is no difference," Christyn Williams said. "They play to win. Coach A [Geno Auriemma] is an amazing coach and they play the way that he wants them to."

"I want to go somewhere with a great family atmosphere, that plays team ball and has a great coaching staff, and can help me be successful on and off the court," Williams said.

Not sure she needs to wait till Fall to make her decision. She sorta sets up and then finds her requirements in one swoop.
Yeah. That last sentence pretty much rules out everyone except UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I seem to recall that in addition to being an outstanding HS bball player, Lexi Gordon was just about every other recruit's BFF. Great to see that Lexi was at the game yesterday with Christyn Williams.

Hopefully, Lexi will work her magic on Christyn like she did with Megan & Charli.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
FWIW: Distance from Little Rock, Arkansas (home of Christyn) to Dallas where SMU game was played ~320 Miles or 4 hours and 30 Minutes. Since SMU is not on her down select list I like UCONN's chances.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
FWIW: Distance from Little Rock, Arkansas (home of Christyn) to Dallas where SMU game was played ~320 Miles or 4 hours and 30 Minutes. Since SMU is not on her down select list I like UCONN's chances.
One more positive note. Central AR Christian HS had a game Friday night at 6:30 pm, so Christyn either got into Dallas after midnight Friday, or got up at the crack of dawn to drive to Dallas Saturday morning.

Sounds like a future BADASS to me.

Ps - They won 58 - 7

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

That thought crossed my mind too. Unless she just happened to be in Texas for some other reason seems like a lot of effort to watch UConn live. I've been cautiously optimistic about her for a while.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
PN #13 Jazmine Massengill to Tennessee. 5'9" Point Guard from Chattanooga.
I haven't seen this reported anywhere else. What is the source/origin?

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I seem to recall that in addition to being an outstanding HS bball player, Lexi Gordon was just about every other recruit's BFF. Great to see that Lexi was at the game yesterday with Christyn Williams.

Hopefully, Lexi will work her magic on Christyn like she did with Megan & Charli.
I wouldn't mind her working some of that magic on Myra, too. ;)

Reaction Score

I think the "work" is done. You can probably book this one.

Reaction Score

I don't see CW going to Arkansas with all of their internal problems.........Baylor has a number of guards and a wing already signed in 2017......ND has three guards signed........Tennessee is a coaching nightmare...........I have know idea what her level of interest is regarding UCLA and UConn is certainly already stocked up too, so who knows what she will decide.......obviously if it's about coaching and family there is only one choice so why bother with the visits.......

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Update from nj.com (Newark Star-Ledger) on Manasquan HS, who is currently #1 in New Jersey and also nationally ranked.
Pretty thorough (for a daily) look at what makes a team tick. Focus is on a 2018 recruit -- Dara Mabrey (a.k.a., Mabrey3, Baby Mabrey) - but Faith Masonius and Lola Mullaney (Class of 2019) are also mentioned. Offered for WBB fans and particularly those who have a chance of seeing the Warriors in NJ.

Girls Basketball: What's the key to No. 1 Manasquan's remarkable start?

Reaction Score
AR BBall Rankings ‏@ARBballRankings 22h22 hours ago
Fab 40 Alert: '18 5 star @christyn2000 had 38 points, 8 3's!!!

1. In reply to Charli Collier™
    hristyn Williams ‏@christyn2000 2h2 hours ago@CharliC_14 @CuriousCatMe ayeeee
    203c.png
    yea we know each other, we teammates can't wait for summer bro Lol
  2. christyn Williams ‏@christyn2000 10h10 hours ago
    Do you have a ideal.when you will cut your list to ... — I'll cut 2 schools off after HS season ends but before AAU

Reaction Score
Charlie Collier answering UConn related twitter questions:

1. Charli Collier™ ‏@CharliC_14 24h24 hours ago
    Are you planning to attend any uconn games this year — Yes absolutely

2. Charli Collier™ ‏@CharliC_14 24h24 hours ago
    Y did you pick Uconn? — Coach A pushes you to your limits to be a better player........carries a great winning tradition and Storrs is a place I can call my second home......great family feel........

3. Charli Collier™ ‏@CharliC_14 Jan 21
    Charli Collier™ Retweeted Charli Collier™
  4. Favorite UCONN player on the team now? — All of them
  5. Charli Collier™ ‏@CharliC_14 Jan 21
    Why do you wear number 14?If you don't mind me asking — A number I just made into my own basically, wore it...

Charli Collier™ ‏@CharliC_14 Jan 21
  6. Do you have a ideal of what number you would like t... — I'd like to wear 14

Charli Collier™ ‏@CharliC_14 Jan 21
  7. How tall are you? — 6'4-6'5...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom