Tyrese | The Boneyard

Tyrese

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
At the very least he should have made the 3rd team. Shocking. What a great season he had. He's my team MVP.
I feel like we underutilize him offensively. He’s a matchup nightmare for most teams. He can shoot, both off the dribble and on the catch, post up, and can handle well enough to get opportunities for himself if you can draw up stuff to get him in space.

Reaction Score
imageedit_1_7847622243.png

Tyrese sees all. He'll be ready.

Reaction Score
Tyrese is Donny Marshall come again back from the 1990's. Same size (about 6'6"), similar athleticism, good rebounder, good 3 point shooter, good mental toughness and leadership ability, etc.
I can totally see the similarities. But Tyrese is such a better shooter than Donny, who only hit 30% of his 3’s and connected on 48 of them over four years.

Reaction Score
The cheerleaders should absolutely have vote, they are front and center. Actually found the post.

1646611324365.png

Reaction Score
I can totally see the similarities. But Tyrese is such a better shooter than Donny, who only hit 30% of his 3’s and connected on 48 of them over four years.
Donny Marshall was one of the best on a break. He was super fast and Ollie or Doron always found him ahead for a dunk. Ollie to Donny on a break was like 3 seconds. It was beautiful to watch back then.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Man has Tyrese’s overall game came such a long way since he’s arrived. Everything about him has improved. 3 point shot is money with his feet set, much better finisher around the rim, and his passing last night was really good. He would not of made that no look to Whaley last year. Kudos.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah. People mention Freeman (a 4-5) and Donny (a 4) but Martin is our starting shooting guard. I don't think there are a lot of UConn comps. He's not nearly as good, but he's got kind of a poor man's Dwayne Wade game. That's who he reminds me of.

Side note: did anyone notice the worst moving screen I've ever seen against Martin? Somebody big (Yetna?) moved his screen as Martin cut under it and then locked arms on both sides of Martin and pushed/carried him about 6 feet. No call. It was bizarre. The shot missed but I was not happy.

Reaction Score
Yeah. People mention Freeman (a 4-5) and Donny (a 4) but Martin is our starting shooting guard. I don't think there are a lot of UConn comps. He's not nearly as good, but he's got kind of a poor man's Dwayne Wade game. That's who he reminds me of.

Side note: did anyone notice the worst moving screen I've ever seen against Martin? Somebody big (Yetna?) moved his screen as Martin cut under it and then locked arms on both sides of Martin and pushed/carried him about 6 feet. No call. It was bizarre. The shot missed but I was not happy.

Saw that too. I swear the ref just thought it was so bad, it couldn't be real and someone had to be flopping.

Reaction Score
At the very least he should have made the 3rd team. Shocking. What a great season he had. He's my team MVP.
He’s usually been an 8 and 15 guy. Crazy that he was not recognized for that in the voting but that’s why I place little importance on what those people think.

Reaction Score

There seemed to be a number of strange plays last night. Guys wrapped up with no call, then a call on a bump. I prefer the no calls though, let them play, it helps our bigs. It felt like a tough, defensive big east battle. It was glorious.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There seemed to be a number of strange plays last night. Guys wrapped up with no call, then a call on a bump. I prefer the no calls though, let them play, it helps our bigs. It felt like a tough, defensive big east battle. It was glorious.

It's not often I get that much enjoyment out of watching us score 62 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom