Tyrese Martin Out Vs UMES | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin Out Vs UMES

Reaction Score
Yah NO! Navicular is on your foot.

The scaphoid (navicular) is one of the proximal carpal bones and may be injured in a fall. These fractures are associated with tenderness on the top of the wrist . These injuries often masquerade as a wrist sprain and initial x-rays may not reveal the fracture.

Reaction Score
The scaphoid (navicular) is one of the proximal carpal bones and may be injured in a fall. These fractures are associated with tenderness on the top of the wrist . These injuries often masquerade as a wrist sprain and initial x-rays may not reveal the fracture.
Now that’s accurate. I can almost guarantee he got an mri.

I was just pointing out that a long arm cast is not needed for a scaphoid/navicular fracture.

Reaction Score
Now that’s accurate. I can almost guarantee he got an mri.

I was just pointing out that a long arm cast is not needed for a scaphoid/navicular fracture.

I had a family member that had needed second x-ray due to ongoing pain diagnosing a scaphoid fracture and was put in an above elbow cast for 2 weeks and then a cast like Martin has for 4 more weeks.

Reaction Score
Plus the cut on his other palm that was taped from palm to wrist during the VCU game.

Reaction Score
Love Tyrese. Not surprised he played through a broken wrist.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I tried to warn you guys.

Reaction Score
I had a family member that had needed second x-ray due to ongoing pain diagnosing a scaphoid fracture and was put in an above elbow cast for 2 weeks and then a cast like Martin has for 4 more weeks.
Ya many times a X-ray 2 weeks later can show a subtle non displaced placed fracture that was missed. We do that sometimes for joe shmoes of the world. MRI is the study of choice to r/o scaphoid fracture. I would be shocked if Martin did not get an MRI. A short arm thumb spica is all you need for a non displaced scaphoid fracture for most people. Frankly high level athletes will get surgery for those as well many times as it has shown quicker return to sports. Whoever put that cast above the elbow was not following evidence based medicine.

Reaction Score
We certainly need Sanogo next game. Martin a huge loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom