2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The other threads on him are locked and I figured I'd post this article. In earlier articles (link to earlier thread that is now locked) there was talk of UConn but he doesn't mention visiting them in this article. Although it may be just that he doesn't need to schedule an official visit to UConn at this point (he's 2024 so it's still kind of early). I know he has already been to UConn on at least 1 unofficial. Anyone seen him at any UConn home games? I have to imagine UConn is recruiting him. He's a local kid, already highly ranked, and has a ton of upside.

Reaction Score
The other threads on him are locked and I figured I'd post this article. In earlier articles (link to earlier thread that is now locked) there was talk of UConn but he doesn't mention visiting them in this article. Although it may be just that he doesn't need to schedule an official visit to UConn at this point (he's 2024 so it's still kind of early). I know he has already been to UConn on at least 1 unofficial. Anyone seen him at any UConn home games? I have to imagine UConn is recruiting him. He's a local kid, already highly ranked, and has a ton of upside.

He's a UConn fan and yes they're recruiting him.

Reaction Score
He's a UConn fan and yes they're recruiting him.
I remember you posting before that he's a UConn fan but how do you know that? Did he ever say that? All I saw was this:

UConn: "It's the hometown but I didn't grow up playing basketball like that so I won't say that I have been watching them since I was young but we have the connection and they're like the professional team around here so it's a big thing to be recruited by them when you are from Connecticut."

And this:

But UConn doesn’t have any inherent advantages in his recruitment.

“I didn’t grow up playing basketball, I’m not one of those kids that grew up with the ball in my hands, so, I don’t really have a dream school,” he said. “Right now, as far as my recruitment goes, every school is on the same ground. There’s no school that’s up here, down here. Everybody’s on the same ground. I’m hoping that new schools reach out, but there’s no school that’s really separating themselves right now.”

Is there a school he hasn’t heard from yet that he’d like to?

“Obviously, you want to hear from the blue bloods,” he said. “But it’s not like I’m stressing. It’s my junior year. I don’t really focus on schools all that much right now, I just focus on getting better at basketball.”

Reaction Score
6’8 Deep range, CT kid need to change the course on this kid. Needs to know he can be Ray, Rudy and others on the wall. And remind him as well of all the freshman at Duke I’m the past that transfered after hearing that same thing from K in the past. This one will be a tough one for the staff but important one. With the kids staying, the class coming in next year they would have the potential for a NC so be the final piece!

Reaction Score
Saying he wants to be recruited by the blue bloods, we need to ask him to count the championship banners each school has on the walls of their gyms and see who has the most. Then ask him the definition of a blue blood. The correct answer is the number of recent championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom