2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey growing into a high level recruit at St. Thomas More | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey growing into a high level recruit at St. Thomas More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Article from the New London Day. I've never seen him play but it sounds like he needs to be a Husky.

He’s been to a few UConn games and likes what coach Dan Hurley has done with the program. Assistant coach Tom Moore keeps in touch with him.

“They’re a good team,” Betsey said. “(Hurley) is getting them back to where they were, back when coach (Jim) Calhoun was the coach, so it’s cool. … Hurley is a high intensity coach, I like that.”

Alternate free link:

Betsey growing into a high level recruit at St. Thomas More

Reaction Score
Unlike Mulready, I like our odds with Betsey becoming a Husky. Moore showing him a lot of love.
in the class of '24 betsey is the only big wing in the top 100 that's from the northeast and not already committed somewhere...prob makes him a priority along w/ boogie and pettiford

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From an article about the new rankings update. I hope UConn is on him hard.

Which player are you higher on than others?

I immediately had two players pop into my head here, Tyler Betsey and Kon Knueppel.

You hear the buzz phrase three and D thrown around a lot. Many times, the archetype descriptor is not warranted; however, in the case of Tyler Betsey, he is the epitome of this acknowledgement. At 6-foot-8, Betsey showed during Nike EYBL play that he was an elite shooter. Throughout Peach Jam, he shot 45.2 percent from three on 6.0 attempts per game. He has long arms and slides his feet well on the other end. As he continues to learn footwork, and team defense, that end of the floor will only get better.

A truly premier shooter who can defend multiple positions at 6-foot-8 is a player I want to bet on. Betsey is ranked No. 13 in the updated 2024 On3 150. In the 2024 On3 Consensus, he is No. 56.

Reaction Score
From an article about the new rankings update. I hope UConn is on him hard.

Which player are you higher on than others?

I immediately had two players pop into my head here, Tyler Betsey and Kon Knueppel.

You hear the buzz phrase three and D thrown around a lot. Many times, the archetype descriptor is not warranted; however, in the case of Tyler Betsey, he is the epitome of this acknowledgement. At 6-foot-8, Betsey showed during Nike EYBL play that he was an elite shooter. Throughout Peach Jam, he shot 45.2 percent from three on 6.0 attempts per game. He has long arms and slides his feet well on the other end. As he continues to learn footwork, and team defense, that end of the floor will only get better.

A truly premier shooter who can defend multiple positions at 6-foot-8 is a player I want to bet on. Betsey is ranked No. 13 in the updated 2024 On3 150. In the 2024 On3 Consensus, he is No. 56.

Kon Knueppel?! What a name! I want him here. Unfortunately that name has Big Ten written all over it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Really really don’t wanna lose this one. Great shooters are hard to find, so we can’t lose 2 local guys back to back.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good. They just lost on a buzzer beater. I hope the players are crying in the locker room and Betsey realizes he wants no part of that show that Penny runs. :)
Yeah but not many teams want to see Memphis in their bracket

Reaction Score
Hopefully, Hurley and staff can land this big fish and he’s another CT. native to boot. If so, that would make 2 out of 3 years of UConn getting the CT. player of the year.

Calhoun had 4 straight years getting the CT POY starting with Murray Williams then Smith, Burrell and Ellison, who didn’t pan out. We all know what Smith and Burrell did and although Murray had personal issues during his stay at UConn, he was still a big part of us winning the NIT Championship game his freshman year.

Though it’s early, I think the recent success and buzz that the team has had along with the 2023 class should help us be one of Betsey’s favorites to sign with. Let Castle show him why another top ranked national recruit should come to Storrs.

Stay home Tyler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak