Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Two Sources Say 2 Aggies Showing Up

Reaction Score
I would think it would be difficult for an individual player or even multiple players (especially non-stars) to give a negative response to a head coach who clearly has an interest in bringing in a transfer....

I love my wife of 42 years and she loves me too but that doesn't stop her from giving me negative responses to all kinds of things I want to do! LOL!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm curious.is anyone aware historically of UConn players ever telling Geno that they don't want a specific recruit joining the team? Is that really a possibility?
It used to be the team voted on whether or not Geno should offer a scholarship. I remember Geno stating that he didn't bother asking his team to vote on Diana Taurasi because he wanted her and didn't want to risk the team saying no. It also used to be that Geno refused to offer schollys to kids younger than junior year in high school but when he started losing kids because he didn't offer early enough, he changed. I don't know if the team still votes on recruits or if he changed his mind about that, too.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Off the top of my head I can't remember a graduate transfer student that has gone on a grand tour of 5-6 teams throughout the country before making a decision..... certainly none that may be as protracted and even included the player's current program..

Maybe she didn't get the chance to do this while being recruited in the first place and wanted to see how it feels like. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
For those that wanted to know who was going to replace Kia, Williams a pretty defensive stopper.
Danni or Christyn?

I don’t know how they would fit in Geno’s D, but neither Anriel nor Danni were our best defender - that was Jasmine Lumpkin- and nobody from A&M made the all-SEC defensive team. There are many reasons Blair and Starkey have been using a lot of match-up zone, which increased dramatically in the 2016-17 season.

Reaction Score
Danni or Christyn?

I don’t know how they would fit in Geno’s D, but neither Anriel nor Danni were our best defender - that was Jasmine Lumpkin- and nobody from A&M made the all-SEC defensive team. There are many reasons Blair and Starkey have been using a lot of match-up zone, which increased dramatically in the 2016-17 season.
Thanks for the intel.

Reaction Score
Danni or Christyn?

Hmmm....Danni and the games I watched she defended pretty well

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hmmm....Danni and the games I watched she defended pretty well
True but with the benchmarks (Gabby & Kia) being consecutive Defensive Players of the Year "defending pretty well" may not cut it.

Reaction Score
True but with the benchmarks (Gabby & Kia) being consecutive Defensive Players of the Year "defending pretty well" may not cut it.
Pretty well might even cut it, and they’ve both improved over their time with us. I’m certainly not saying we won’t miss them on both ends of the floor. I’m just saying if they end up at UConn, fans shouldn’t expect them to be Kia and Gabby.

Reaction Score

I’m not saying she’s Gabby or Kia. Many on this board are worried with the loss of them on the defensive end. All I’m sayin is from the games I’ve watched Danni can pick up some of that defensive slack

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Is Danni Williams the player Blair raved about season before last for having ice water in her veins after she made enormous plays to win a game (in the NCAAs I think)?

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about how the visit went this weekend? I am assuming they arrived Friday and left sometime today.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about how the visit went this weekend? I am assuming they arrived Friday and left sometime today.

At least Geno was lucky enough to get a Chamber of Commerce weather weekend. It could have been an April snow event.

Reaction Score
At least Geno was lucky enough to get a Chamber of Commerce weather weekend. It could have been an April snow event.
Yesterday was nice. Today cloudy, windy, and in the 30s - not so nice!

Reaction Score

Williams had a picture with her Parents on her social media account, at a airport her dad was wearing a Uconn hat and she simple said blessed, I’m guess she was talking about a Uconn offer, Or the opportunity she has gotten to visit Uconn. Can’t say the same for Howard, she was pool side somewhere.

If Uconn can land both Williams and Howard, it would be cool to see four huskies in the 2019 WNBA draft, all four would be taken within the 1st 2 rounds.

Reaction Score
Williams had a picture with her Parents on her social media account, at a airport her dad was wearing a Uconn hat and she simple said blessed, I’m guess she was talking about a Uconn offer, Or the opportunity she has gotten to visit Uconn. Can’t say the same for Howard, she was pool side somewhere.

If Uconn can land both Williams and Howard, it would be cool to see four huskies in the 2019 WNBA draft, all four would be taken within the 1st 2 rounds.
link?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Wonder if they were at the Spring Game at the Rent!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

It was on her Instagram story, it deleted after 24 hours.
Question for those in the twitter, instagram universe or those that might be in the know like some of our Texas A& M fans:
We know A. Howard has a list of schools to be visited. Do we know if Danni Williams has plans to visit any other schools besides UCONN?

Reaction Score
Wonder if they were at the Spring Game at the Rent!
I was wondering that too ... might help us keep them at A&M. ;)

On the other hand, it might emphasize that UConn fans care more about WBB than the football-crazed around here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom