Two Duke Players Arrested for DWI | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Two Duke Players Arrested for DWI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The article says aiding and abetting a DWI is charged to individuals who knowingly allow their vehicle to be operated by someone under the influence. That's different than simply getting in a car with a drunk driver.
Its a charge in NC and that is about it. There is a reason he was given a citation at the scene and left, he was never booked. It is an odd NC law that if taken to trial is almost impossible to prove unless the person admits he knew the driver was drunk and that he participated in getting him drunk. The charge will be thrown out.

So yes, it is the same as being a passenger in a your car with a drunk driver.

And the idea that people think Duke is somehow corrupt for not suspending him longer that UConn did with Bouknight is lunacy.

Reaction Score
Its a charge in NC and that is about it. There is a reason he was given a citation at the scene and left, he was never booked. It is an odd NC law that if taken to trial is almost impossible to prove unless the person admits he knew the driver was drunk and that he participated in getting him drunk. The charge will be thrown out.

So yes, it is the same as being a passenger in a your car with a drunk driver.

And the idea that people think Duke is somehow corrupt for not suspending him longer that UConn did with Bouknight is lunacy.
You said that college players usually or never get punished for getting in a car with a drunk driver. I pointed out that Banchero was cited for allowing a drunk person to drive his car. If the car in the first scenario does not belong the the person in question, those two situations are obviously different. Granted, the latter scenario is functionally equivalent to "being a passenger in your car with a drunk driver," but you are moving the goalpost to rephrase it like that.

Anywho, for what it's worth, I think people should be punished for knowingly allowing drunk people to drive their cars, regardless of how such situations have been handled in the past.

P.S. I agree with you the Bouknight's transgression was as serious or worse than this one.

Reaction Score
The kid blew a .08% too. The cop must be a UNC fan

Fiance is a UNC undergrad and law school alum. She would've arrested them for blowing a 0.01%. That rivalry runs deep.

Reaction Score
In case you haven't seen this great photo, here it is. I was tempted to post this in the Duke DUI thread...but took the high road.
257165031_4526565360756581_8127965091910682377_n.jpg
This picture is absolute gold, and I think it will live on for quite a while on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
For getting in the car with someone who was drinking, 0%. Most any coach would suspend for that is 1 game, judge will throw out the charge.
He can say he tried to drive but was denied, or was babysitting. Either way he should not be suspended as a passenger.

I'm sure almost everyone here has been in a similar situation as a passenger (as a kid).

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Ya think?
Yes. Yes, I do

Bigger question, in this day and age, why in the world is banchero driving a 2017 Jeep?!?! Duke get your stuff together and get this man something expensive and foreign!

Reaction Score
Yes. Yes, I do

Bigger question, in this day and age, why in the world is banchero driving a 2017 Jeep?!?! Duke get your stuff together and get this man something expensive and foreign!
Kids get paid now, I am sure he making high 6 figures and was probably given the car by a dealership.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Kids get paid now, I am sure he making high 6 figures and was probably given the car by a dealership.
TyTy gets a new Porsche, Paolo gets a 2017 Jeep tho? Coach K needs to find a new dealership to partner with

Also, thinking about it now, think of the car-related NIL opportunities Purvis could’ve had.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some of all just wanted to get worked up for no reason with being blind to the situation and failing to look in the mirror.
Yep Yes GIF by GEICO

Reaction Score
TyTy gets a new Porsche, Paolo gets a 2017 Jeep tho? Coach K needs to find a new dealership to partner with

Also, thinking about it now, think of the car-related NIL opportunities Purvis could’ve had.
As a fellow tall, Paolo was certainly looking for the additional legroom offered by the Jeep GCL

Reaction Score
Everybody seems to have missed the bigger story. K's daughter, the player's mother, is an assistant athletic director at Duke. Funny how that happens.
Here in CT too: Edsall and Edsall.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The article says aiding and abetting a DWI is charged to individuals who knowingly allow their vehicle to be operated by someone under the influence. That's different than simply getting in a car with a drunk driver.

That’s what they got Steve McNair for iirc

Reaction Score
How quickly will this get swept under the rug? especially by the media. But, In all seriousness, that’s probably the last thing Coach K wants to deal with during his final season.
Im sure Coach K is furious. He doesnt want anything interfering with the ass kissing he expects on his "How great am i" retirement tour he blessed us with.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Banchero playing tonight…as he probably should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads