Two Days in Boston | The Boneyard

Two Days in Boston

Reaction Score
With the Iceland trip officially postponed, we're driving up to Boston on Monday to spend a night at The Boxer, which is on the western border of Bulfinch.

It's my first time in Boston in years and most of my time spent up in Boston was in Allston and Cambridge.

We spent a bit more money to stay in the city proper so we can walk to all attractions.

What are the "must dos" for about 30ish hours in Boston?

Reaction Score
North End. Pleanty of good Italian restaurants and pastry shops. Old North Church- as in Paul Revere. Check the hotel conciere or coty guide for the latest.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If you're walking in the area, the Mapparium at the Christian Science center in the Mary Baker Eddy library. There's nothing religious about it, it's just a cool thing to see. But I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way for it unless you're in the Copley Place area.

A walk down Newbury and through the Commons used to be nice, but haven't been up there in awhile.

Reaction Score
Boston Sail Loft in the North End on the water for clam chowder and a beer. Sam LaGrassa's for a pastrami/corned beef combo.

Reaction Score
Harborwalk in Seaport, North End for food, USS Constitution tour, and also the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum (you'd have to uber there since it's near Fenway) the museum is still the largest unsolved art heist in history - $500M in paintings were stolen in the 90's

Reaction Score
A variety of excellent restaurants in Boston depending on your tastes.. Seafood ?? Can't go wrong with Legal Sea Foods.. Italy?? North End.. Mama Maria's ..Steak? Capital Grille/Grill 23.. Eclectic-- Jamie Bisonnette.. Toro

Reaction Score
A variety of excellent restaurants in Boston depending on your tastes.. Seafood ?? Can't go wrong with Legal Sea Foods.. Italy?? North End.. Mama Maria's ..Steak? Capital Grille/Grill 23.. Eclectic-- Jamie Bisonnette.. Toro
Cocktails before dinner?? Boston Harbor Hotel or Chart House--Long Wharf.. If you're really into seafood --Esp. finger food. Neptune's in the North End is off the charts.. .. Gotta get there early..5:30-6.. You won't be disappointed.. Even Boston folks don't know about it..

Reaction Score
Cocktails before dinner?? Boston Harbor Hotel or Chart House--Long Wharf.. If you're really into seafood --Esp. finger food. Neptune's in the North End is off the charts.. .. Gotta get there early..5:30-6.. You won't be disappointed.. Even Boston folks don't know about it..
BTW.. Best fresh oyster bar in town.. Union Oyster House. .Oldest Continuous Restaurant in the US.. Excellent clam chowder..

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
With the Iceland trip officially postponed, we're driving up to Boston on Monday to spend a night at The Boxer, which is on the western border of Bulfinch.

It's my first time in Boston in years and most of my time spent up in Boston was in Allston and Cambridge.

We spent a bit more money to stay in the city proper so we can walk to all attractions.

What are the "must dos" for about 30ish hours in Boston?
Whale watching tours leave from Boston Harbor. Saw some,up close breaches and about 8 whales. Not sure if this is optimal season but if it is and the weather cooperates it makes for a nice day.

Boston Aquarium is pretty cool.

Reaction Score
North end for dinner and stroll by Old North Church. Some oysters at Union House is cool seeing its oldest bar in the country. Oysters are good there but meh on food. Trillium for a nice IPA. Newbury Street for shopping and food is still good. The best is to wake up early and go to Granary Burial to say good morning to the fathers we owe every bit of our freedom to. Perspective.

Reaction Score
If you're into any of the historical stuff you can also walk the Freedom Trail which is 2.5 miles and hits all the major sites

Reaction Score
North end for dinner and stroll by Old North Church. Some oysters at Union House is cool seeing its oldest bar in the country. Oysters are good there but meh on food. Trillium for a nice IPA. Newbury Street for shopping and food is still good. The best is to wake up early and go to Granary Burial to say good morning to the fathers we owe every bit of our freedom to. Perspective.
That's not the oldest bar in the country.

Reaction Score
The Museum of Science is terrific. Take a stroll around Harvard Square and walk through Harvard Yard. A walk along the Cambridge side of the Charles gives you great views of Boston.

And I second the recommendations for The Freedom Trail (gets you to the Old North Church and plenty of other historical sites), a walk around The Common maybe with a swan boats ride. Outside the city, a visit to the Lexington & Concord historical parks is worth the trip.

For food, I always loved Giacomo's in the North End for Italian-style seafood. But it's been a dozen years or more since I've been. Small place. No reservations. Get there early.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this place
6db19d5b-9599-4442-b2ea-a34ac8ed2512.jpg

i think that they're playing here during ur time, but if not, the tour is excellent, costs aboot $30, and takes an hour or so.

there's no lack of food in America, so forget that subject, unless its some stuff u bring over to the commons where u pull up a bench, and munch away as u watch the unfolding and everchanging show. big fun.
u might even see sum guy on a horse.
Boston.Common.original.7067.jpg

park 1 or park 2. pick one.

Reaction Score
I live and work here and people ask me all the time what should we do when in Boston. And I always laugh because I'm here everyday and can't think of cool stuff to do since I don't think about what it's like to be a tourist here. I think of Boston in neighborhoods. Neighborhoods you want to check out are Back Bay, Beacon Hill, North End and South End. South Boston also if you have time. Try to do something in each of these neighborhoods. Boston is pretty small so it's easy to walk everywhere or take 5-10 minute Uber rides.

Touristy things - Besides things already mentioned I always thought the Duck Tour was kind of cool. Easy to way to see the entire city in a few hours. Leaves from Back Bay (Prudential Center), downtown (at the New England Aquarium) or Cambridge (at Museum of Science).

Beer - Trillium has great beer but instead of going to the brewery in the Seaport go to the Trillium Beer Garden on the Greenway downtown. Closed Monday and Tuesday so probably won't work for you. Close to North End so you can combine that with a beer or two before or after dinner in the North End. The Trillium brewery in the Seaport is also fun and that is open everyday (and serves lunch and dinner).

Food - Here are some options in different neighborhoods.
North End - There are so many good ones. Lots have outdoor seating if it's nice out. Arya Trattoria is very good but it's on the 2nd floor so no outside seating. Carmelina's is good also and has an outside seating area. Get a cannoli at Mike's or Modern Pastry. Both on Hanover Street and both always packed. If you like pizza walk over to Regina Pizzeria at 11 1/2 Thacher Street. Known as the best pizza in Boston.
South End - SRV is one of my favorites. Then walk over to the South End Buttery for dessert and sit outside on the bench and people watch.
Back Bay - Stephanie's has good, not great, food but the outdoor deck is the best people watching place. On Newbury Street. Grill 23 for steaks (expensive).
Beacon Hill - Peregrine and Scampo are both very good if you want to check out this area. Grab an ice cream at J.P. Licks and then walk down Charles Street, the most authentic old Boston retail street in the city. No chains here.
South Boston - I like Fox and the Knife. Kind of a hard neighborhood to get to from where you're staying. Too far to walk. Broadway T stop on the red line is right across the street from this restaurant.

Reaction Score
Isabella Stewart Gardner
Duck Tour & Freedom Trail free guided tour
Aquarium
Carmelina's
Top of the Pru view
Liberty Hotel - Grab a cocktail at the 2nd floor bar
Encore or Legal Rooftop for posh
Esplanade beer garden or Trillium Beer Garden

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Beehive, Atlantic Fish, Yvonne's, Drink, Pier 6, Lolita's, Sonsie were also some of my haunts for various reasons. All depends what you like. Make sure you check what's open on a Monday.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone! I think most of our attention will be on the North End (I don’t think I’ve been there since I was 10) after we drive straight from home to the Institute of Contemporary Art.

After checkout we’ll probably drive to another neighborhood before hitting a dispensary and then driving home.

Looks like beautiful weather for Monday and Tuesday: no rain and weather no warmer than 75.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone! I think most of our attention will be on the North End (I don’t think I’ve been there since I was 10) after we drive straight from home to the Institute of Contemporary Art.

After checkout we’ll probably drive to another neighborhood before hitting a dispensary and then driving home.

Looks like beautiful weather for Monday and Tuesday: no rain and weather no warmer than 75.
Make sure to start your day with a cappuccino and biscotti at Cafe Vittorio, then brunch at North Street Grille, then if you don't have heart problems a Fat Felix from Pauli's. Lastly, exploding little necks and carbonara from Carmelina's. Recommend walking in between all. Stanza if you like cigars to go with your Averna nightcap, Florentine if not.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with this, but aren’t both Legal Sea Foods and Capital Grille chains?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom