TV Coverage for first game on FS1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

TV Coverage for first game on FS1

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's the Big East, I couldn't care less it didn't legally have the name for one or two months. Only people who call it the New Big East are a few clowns on this board, I didn't think you were one of them. These are the same clowns who said from day 1 the AAC is a better basketball conference than the Big East and they still stand by that.

Reading is Fundamental, Chumley.

Reaction Score
No it really hasnt. Not here. They bought the name from the remaining AAC teams. If the BigEast was the BigEast there was no name to purchase. A lot more people than those two pointed that out.

Don't be guilty of revisionist history. Call a spade a spade.

This is a bit of revisionist history as well... despite how media reported it, they didn't buy the rights to the name and MSG tournament, the C7 and remaining schools negotiated a split of assets.

Still, like I said on another thread: ship of Theseus. Or, if you replace John, Paul, George, and Ringo with Fred, Jeff, Frank, and Bob and have them play the same songs... is it still the Beatles?

Reaction Score
This is a bit of revisionist history as well... despite how media reported it, they didn't buy the rights to the name and MSG tournament, the C7 and remaining schools negotiated a split of assets.

Still, like I said on another thread: ship of Theseus. Or, if you replace John, Paul, George, and Ringo with Fred, Jeff, Frank, and Bob and have them play the same songs... is it still the Beatles?
Fred Norris, Jeff Beck, Frank Zappa and Bob Dylan? Who's gonna play drums?!

August_West

Reaction Score

They didnt buy MSG tournament they absolutely bought rights to the name.

Reaction Score
They didnt buy MSG tournament they absolutely bought rights to the name.
Sooooo... you missed where I said "despite how the media reported it" I guess?

If you delve into the details of the agreement, which that article even kinda touches on, there was no actual purchase, it was just a negotiation on who keeps what. C7 got the name and tourney rights, FB schools got most of the cash in the coffers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No One Cares Reaction GIF

August_West

Reaction Score
Sooooo... you missed where I said "despite how the media reported it" I guess?

If you delve into the details of the agreement, which that article even kinda touches on so I guess you also didn't read that either, there was no actual purchase, it was just a negotiation on who keeps what. C7 got the name and tourney rights, FB schools got most of the cash in the coffers.

Well by "who keeps what" you mean one side keeps money in exchange for a name? Is that not the definition of a sale? Holy LOL .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
CL82 and freescooter did, I wouldn't consider them "we." It's always been the Big East.
Lol, you ever notice how @superjohn never tags the people he is calling out. He’s so gutless.

He’s not too wrong on this one though (Insert Blind squirrel… Broken watch, reference here...). I would always point out that we never left the Big East. We did not and I hate that mythology. But I think I posted that as soon as we joined “the new Big East“ officially, I would pretend it’s the same conference that we joined back in 78 along with the rest of the world and I’ve done that. It’s a convenience section that now works in Connecticut’s favor.

Reaction Score
Well by "who keeps what" you mean one side keeps money in exchange for a name?

If you and I were married (I married up, I know), but now getting divorced, if you kept the money and I took the house, did I buy the house from you? There's an argument to be made and a way you can explain it as yes, but not really. We're really not far apart here, it's semantics. I was only nitpicking your original nitpick. I don't even think it really matters because 6 of the 8 original members of the conference (counting Nova) plus a couple others who've been around for almost 20 years are in the Big East. This is the Big East. I think we all, except Freescooter and a very select few others, would agree.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Since last year was our first year in NBE and the early season non-conference was pretty much skipped due to the pandemic, what is the expectation for broadcasts outside the UConn listening area?

The NBE composite TV schedule shows 6 other games on FS1 that span the 2 hour timeframe for UConn's opener:

It appears FS1 may have BE opener "Whip Around" where only some of the game might be shown out of market. I have DirecTV so perhaps there will be an FS1 alternate programming subchannel. Would like to know ahead of time if there will be dedicated coverage or not. The Fox Sports App is another option but I don't know if there is a fee.

Thanks
UConn athletics shows us on Fs1. The BE composite scedule says the same while butler iuipi is on fs2 whip around, fox sports app has no ncaa bball on nov 9

August_West

Reaction Score
If you and I were married (I married up, I know), but now getting divorced, if you kept the money and I took the house, did I buy the house from you? There's an argument to be made and a way you can explain it as yes, but not really. We're really not far apart here, it's semantics. I was only nitpicking your original nitpick. I don't even think it really matters because 6 of the 8 original members of the conference (counting Nova) plus a couple others who've been around for almost 20 years are in the Big East. This is the Big East. I think we all, except Freescooter and a very select few others, would agree.

Im recently divorced. I gave up the house and money. LOL .

And its a better hoops conference than the league we sold you the name from. I dont care if we call it the "shizzle conference" , Im happy to be here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol, you ever notice how @superjohn never tags the people he is calling out. He’s so gutless.

He’s not too wrong on this one though (Insert Blind squirrel… Broken watch, reference here...). I would always point out that we never left the Big East. We did not and I hate that mythology. But I think I posted that as soon as we joined “the new Big East“ officially, I would pretend it’s the same conference that we joined back in 78 along with the rest of the world and I’ve done that. It’s a convenience section that now works in Connecticut’s favor.
It's not the new Big East, the newbie or whatever stupid name you guys want to call it. It's the Big East and I'll always call you out for being a jackarse. The Big East is more like it's original conference than probably any other conference.

CL82

Reaction Score
It's not the new Big East, the newbie or whatever stupid name you guys want to call it. It's the Big East and I'll always call you out for being a jackarse. The Big East is more like it's original conference than probably any other conference.
Yeah, you are confusing me with @freescooter that’s his schtick not mine.

For what it’s worth, whenever you are cowardly and take pot shots at posters without tagging them, you can expect me to call you out on it, every time.

#gutless

CL82

Reaction Score
I’m recently divorced. I gave up the house and money. LOL .

Excellent attitude buddy! “Why are divorces expensive? Because they’re worth it.” Besides, you hated that house anyway.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All the games will be streaming on the Fox Sports App.

To clarify you can watch anyone game in its entirety from the app vice the constant swapping and cut ins, correct?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
UConn athletics shows us on Fs1. The BE composite scedule says the same while butler iuipi is on fs2 whip around, fox sports app has no ncaa bball on nov 9
This is a little worrying. I'm on DirecTV and it's showing "Big East Opening Night Tipoff" (which I assume won't include full coverage of our game) on FS1 and a NASCAR thing followed by the Marquette game on FS2.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I’m just glad our first game vs. CCSU is on FS2
? I don't know what to believe anymore.

Where are you located? That game is not on FS2 in my market.

Reaction Score
Let’s stay close to this… it’s gotta stream on some site. I am out of state and not seeing it on YouTube TV FS1 or FS2… nor the Fox Sports app … at least not yet ..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom