OT: - Trumbull CT little league? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Trumbull CT little league?

Reaction Score
Graduated from Trumbull High in 89. Was hanging out with a buddy who was working at Lake & Main gas station. Can't rememer if it was the celebration parade or the day they won it but it was hysterical mayhem. Old ladies were driving by beeping their car horn waving wiffle ball bats out the window. It was like every car doing it, not just a few. I actually think it was the celebration because I missed the final on tv. Was at Fenway for a day game when they won it. Believe Clemens pitched because I remember him warming up in the bullpen. Crazy how your memory fades. I do remember overcelebrating with friends when I got back from Fenway. Was right before I started college. Damn, where have the years gone.

Reaction Score
My 13 year old all star team made the Junior Babe Ruth World Series. It was such an exciting time and I thought it was going to be the a slightly ramped down version of the LLWS. I was most excited for our “East” uniforms. It was cool playing against kids I had seen in Williamsport the year before but obviously we weren’t on TV and didn’t get cool uniforms. What a naive dweeb I was. This was 2000 and we had a tough time keeping our LL squad together because all the best players which definitely didn’t include me were going AAU. I have to imagine nowadays most of the best kids are playing travel at 10 or 11.

Reaction Score
Chris Kelly who was mainly an outfielder and reserve on the team lives in Newtown and my son plays basketball and baseball with him. Good dude.

Reaction Score
My 13 year old all star team made the Junior Babe Ruth World Series. It was such an exciting time and I thought it was going to be the a slightly ramped down version of the LLWS. I was most excited for our “East” uniforms. It was cool playing against kids I had seen in Williamsport the year before but obviously we weren’t on TV and didn’t get cool uniforms. What a naive dweeb I was. This was 2000 and we had a tough time keeping our LL squad together because all the best players which definitely didn’t include me were going AAU. I have to imagine nowadays most of the best kids are playing travel at 10 or 11.
Yes, most of the best kids play AAU. That's why they get good. But up to 12 years old AAU plays in the spring and stops before summer baseball starts. So there's no conflicts. Once kids get to high school AAU doesn't start until the summer, after high school baseball is over.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Married a Trumbull girl, and they won it a few months after we graduated from UConn. Her family, the town, anyone else associated, were hella stoked! (did I nail the right slang for the times?)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When I was a kid, one of our park supervisors was a guy who played on the Windsor Locks championship team.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Graduated in '89 - spent the Summer on the Cape. Trumbull win was part of a memorable Sunmer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom